horror stories about getting wisdom teeth out

Twistedrx7

went today to get my wisdom teeth out. Worst experience i have had. It started out well, but than after it was all over my mouth hurt like a son of a bitch. I was in the recovery room in pain and all they would give me is a motrin and sent me on my way. They said they would call the prescription into the CVS down the road.

We get there and for some reason it is not ready. So im sitting in the car in pain for atleast an hour before i get the pain medicine. Now in the consultation i told him that it usually takes a lot of pain killers to stop any pain i have. he prescribed 7.5mg hydrocodone. So i take two and it doesnt really do shit for me at all.

im gonna cut it short, feeling a little sick

let me know if you have any stories like mine

Wisdom Teeth < Cracking my Vertibrae and Blowing out a disk in my back. It's been 13 years, but I remember the pain like yesterday. I'd chop off my own finger before reliving that pain.

Pain wise, I had to deal with it for about 1-2 hrs before they knocked me up with drugs and admitted me. There was absolutely no position in the world that alleviated the pain from my lower back to my legs.

Worst part was that I went 1.5 days before I could feel my legs after the surgery. :eek:

Find some strong drugs and chew them like candy.

Had all 4 of mine taken out when I was 16. I don't really remember anything about the pain. I sat and slept in a recliner for a full week, with ice-packs propped up against both sides of my face the entire time.

However, I do remember passing out the night that I had it done. I hadn't had anything to eat all day. The teeth were pulled early that morning. At about 8pm, I wanted to eat something. I got up from the recliner, walked to the kitchen and sat in the chair. I started sweating and wanted to go outside for some cool air. As I got on the enclosed back porch, I passed out. Somehow, one of my cousins that was there, kept me from falling all the way down the cement steps to the basement. She stopped me on the 2nd step down. Talk about scary.

I had fallen down these same steps when I was a kid and busted my nose causing it to bleed for what felt like hours.

Got mine out when I was in high school, all 4 were impacted I think, so they had to put me under. I was out like a fat kid in dodge ball...let me tell you what. I had it done early in the morning, woke up later on in the afternoon like 4-5 hours later. My mom hadnt gotten meds yet cause she didnt want to leave me alone. So when I finally woke up I felt like I had gotten hit by a mac truck, so then she has to call someone over to watch me while she goes to get the meds. Finally an hour later she gets back and I get to take em. But they made me sick without food in my system...but my mouth was completely full of gause so I couldnt eat. Didnt go to school for like 3 days and I had it done on a friday, then when I finally went back my track coach gave me crap cause I was still all puffy.

....AND THEN! My mom threw out all my left over vicodin :(

interesting. I had all four of mine out. the bottom two came in sideways somehow. The top two were easy and already protruding. oddly enough its the top two that hurt the most.

I just now finally got some better pain medicine. I recieved some oxycodone 7.5mg. So hopefully these work. Ive been feeling really hot and sweating and sick. I havent eatten since 12pm last night. I just now had a pudding cup.

Damn nurse told me since im bleeding so much that im a good candidate for dry socket...........fuck that!

I just hope this shit knocks me out.

Yes, i can agree back pain is probably a lot worse. I threw my back out two years ago and could not move. Did the same thing again about 1.5 weeks ago. So i feel you on that one.

I had 4 of my other teeth pulled before I had braces. The pain wasn't that bad. This was in middle school. I still have all 4 of my wisdom teeth. One of them has a crown and the others are normal. I have 5 fillings in random teeth in my mouth.

The pain of my chest surgery was so much worse then anything done to my mouth...

Hmm now i'm having second thoughts, i am supposed to get my wisdom teeth pulled next Thursday. My dentist does not think they will be a problem since they are full exposed, so hopefully no cutting, or breaking. I need to get it done though i am having tooth pain bad enough that it makes my whole mouth and even ear hurt.

Bwahaha, I had all 4 impacted (Growing sideways) They could not put me to sleep, the gas didn't work, I got tired of having my mouth propped open. I faked being asleep, so they started. I sat and listened to them cut open and break the first two in little pieces and remove them, they started on the third one and broke it, I sat up put my hands on the surgen's and Assistant's faces and pushed them away and told them in a very "muttled open mouth talking" way to get me a bucket because I was going to throw up. I scared the shit out of those two. I sat for 15 min and the neausia went away. The doctor then explained to me that he could not give me anymore gas and did I want to come back to gt the 4th one done? I said hell no, get it out and I listened to all 4 get broken and removed, The breaking noise was so loud in your head. He gave me vicodin and apologized. I washed my mouth religiously every day so I would not get "Dry Socket". I took my Vicodin and was fine.

That shit was cake compared to the Removal of my Tonsils, Adenoids, Uvula, and a deviated septum corrected all in one surgery. This was done in Jan of this year. I have talked to Women who have had multiple children and this surgery done to them, they have told me child birth was less painful. :eek:

I would do the surgery again too, it changed my life, I sleep and breathe 100 times better. I couldn't get up in the morning at 8:30 am even if I went to bed at 9pm before I had the surgery. Now I get up at 5:45am and it is no sweat. I am at work by 6:30 am.

I almost forgot....yes....my sinus surgery. Shit that hurt so bad too!! I had one of the turbates in my sinus on the left side cauterized and the other side I had my deviated septem corrected. Bone was litterally hammer and chizzeled away :eek:

The first day I was groggy. The second day the packing came out in the morning. That afternoon the swelling began and fast. By the third day I litterally called the Doctor thinking I'd have to call 911 because my head was about to explode from the pressure.

Later the doctor told me that if I knew it would have hurt that bad I'd likely not have moved along with the surgery. I likely wouldn't have either.

However, I too am now 100% perfect. before I was 70% blocked on my left side and 40% on the right. Amazing difference now.

That shit was cake compared to the Removal of my Tonsils, Adenoids, Uvula, and a deviated septum corrected all in one surgery. This was done in Jan of this year. I have talked to Women who have had multiple children and this surgery done to them, they have told me child birth was less painful. :eek:

I would do the surgery again too, it changed my life, I sleep and breathe 100 times better. I couldn't get up in the morning at 8:30 am even if I went to bed at 9pm before I had the surgery. Now I get up at 5:45am and it is no sweat. I am at work by 6:30 am.

Why did you have all that removed? Sleep apnea?

I have a dentist appointment on Monday for tooth pain. I have been having some bad tooth pain for the past week and it's getting to the point where Oragel is having minimal effect.

I know they are going to tell me that my wisdom teeth are going to have be pulled. I had two taken out when I was in high school. Hopefully my mouth isn't sore after whatever they do at my appointment Monday morning since a group of us is supposed to be going to Smith and Wollensky's that night.

I had all 4 of mine removed when I was 17. Everything went smooth during the procedure but a few days later the pain had not gone away. I had been popping vicodin like it was my job but I was still in pain. I went back a few days later to find out I had a dry socket and they had to cut one of the gums back open to put in medicine which hurt like hell. Other than that not a terrible experience.

I only had 3 (one of the top ones never developed).

Top one was cake; not a big deal at all.

Both bottoms developed dry socket. I have never smoked, and did everything in the little book. I later read there is still a 25% chance of getting dry socket even if you follow all of the instructions. Nice.

I remember being over at a buddy's house 5 days later, laying on his floor with an ice pack between the floor and my mouth. Then going outside when it was cool out because the cold air made my mouth feel better.

Life sucked that week.

I'm one of the luck few who doesn't have any wisdom teeth. FTW!!!

Did have my tonsils and adnoids taken out about 4 years ago. The first week was cake. Infact, IIRC, I got into a shouting match with my mom the evening of my surgery.

The second week sucked though when everything started to scab over. I was hacking up 1" globs of purple/blue/red shit. Talk about nasty. Oh, and that was the best diet I've ever been on. I dropped like 25-30lb. in a very short amount of time.