Hawk picks up deer and flies away

Rustlestiltskin

Not sure if it's real but either way, that's a kid (baby goat) and what looks to be a golden eagle. Quite a bit larger than any hawk you're likely to see and I know quite capable of taking young deer, lamb, fox, etc. Wingspans are 7ft+. They've even been trained and used to hunt fox and wolf.

that would be cool if that really happened

Brace yourself: Its fo real....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GoEalfyMqM

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/07/golden_eagle_vs_deer.php

It aint no deer. It's Golden eagle grabbing a lil mountain goat that probably weighs less than 30lb. There are eagles out there that rock a 7ft wingspan. Notice he's not flying away, he's falling slowly. He's taking it down to the canyon floor to eat it.

look at these talons:

http://www.suttoncenter.org/images/Rettig%20and%20HarpyEagle.JPG

Here's more from the Harpy Eagle, the worlds largest:

Sloths are heavy

LOL...

So that Hawk is what, about 10' across and generates 250lbs of lift? Right...

I think that was from some movie with Fabio and a sword, and some women who look like men...

It's naw a question o' where 'e *grips* it... it's ah simple matter of weight ratios!

Can a bird really get that big? I dont know if thats real or not, but if it is... remind me not to go walking around those cliffs without a tank.

7 foot ain't the largest bird, though thats big . I don't feel like looking it up atm, but California Condors (maybe called North American Condor) get really big. Another large bird is in the Andes Mounts in South America they get 9 to 10 foot wing spans.

I just watched a show on one of the science channels about large birds of prey. Very interesting and I guess there was a lot of sitings of some huge ones in the `70's within the midwest. Anyone remember anything that happens to be old enough?

Evan

He's refering to the 'thunder bird'/Quezocaotl (sp?). Many sighting by native americans before settlers came, all the way up to more recent sighting by viable and multiple witnesses in such places as Illinois. There was even a report of one witnesses by multiple people of a large bird swooping down and actually picking up a young boy for a quite a ways before dropping him. Both his father and mother where also witness to this. This also happened in Illinois, I believe.

And it looks like I was right earlier. Golden Eagle and a kid (baby goat). Eat it, bitches. :D