Gun Gurus please look in here and help my family.

SpaceGhost

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desert Eagle makes a .50. I shot one at Ohio Valley Outdoors. It is a cannon

I know. There are several .50 caliber handguns, Magnum Research being one of them. None of which are required to take down a person. There are several other [smaller] calibers that would be much better suited for the job.

Let's just say I may have had a real encounter with some Organized crime from Youngstown today at work on the phone. I'm not taking any chances wether it is real or fake.

From growing up in NY around Italians and Irish families my whole life I've noticed this much. Everyone talks, and EVERYONE knows "A GUY". Im not saying you should disregard a threat as nothing more (especially if it could be from a viable source) but more often than not they are mere words and nothing more. So unless you did something heinous and rediculously bad towards someone who might actually know "a guy", I wouldnt be too worried.

On the same not, I dont think your overreacting. Just being prepared, which is good. Better to have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it.

I would not use ANY specialty shells for personal protection. After the impending legal action they would be labeled as excessive and meant to maim or harm.

Same with "rubber" bullets. If you shoot with one, and they get up, and shoot w/ a live round and kill them, the defense would say that you already put them down w/ the rubber bullet's propaganda.

Keep the rounds normal, plain, run of the mill stuff you can get at Walmart.

KillJoy

I wouldn't be alarmed except that I have a coworker that moved here from youngstown and said he went to school with Kids from this family and when you went to their parties they had Bodyguards walking around with them. Not to mention I got half the last name out before he knew exactly who I was talking about. (Italian) If it were not for that I would not have thought anything about this.

Drunken Military > Youngstown Ohio wannabe Mobsters

I dont know what you do for aliving but i did reposession for 6 years. I have had thugs/mobsters/guys who swear they would kill me threaten me. There is a certain point when u snap and dont wanna take the threats. I have gone to get a gun to confront someone and they change there attitude real quick if you show no fear. Plus you have to figure in the Phone gangster.

Keeping a weapon for home protection i would always recommend. Buying a weapon because you think your gonna have to shoot someone is a bad idea.

I know some people from youngstown if you dont mind me asking who is it if you wanna send a pm feel free to.

Ben, I just so happen to have a lightly used Mossberg 500 pump 12 guage that I would like to sell for $200. If you catch me before I head out, I could even deliver, and I'll kick in a box of ammo so you don't have to worry about going out and getting some. I think you have my number, if not ask Stillman for it.

I dont know what you do for aliving but i did reposession for 6 years. I have had thugs/mobsters/guys who swear they would kill me threaten me. There is a certain point when u snap and dont wanna take the threats. I have gone to get a gun to confront someone and they change there attitude real quick if you show no fear. Plus you have to figure in the Phone gangster.

Keeping a weapon for home protection i would always recommend. Buying a weapon because you think your gonna have to shoot someone is a bad idea.

Yeah but confronting someone with a gun when your angry is a good way to escalate a situation that doesnt need to be escalated. Your right though, most of these guys are just punks who are trying to 'act hard' and put on a persona. But when tested quickly cave.

Yeah but confronting someone with a gun when your angry is a good way to escalate a situation that doesnt need to be escalated. Your right though, most of these guys are just punks who are trying to 'act hard' and put on a persona. But when tested quickly cave.

Definately it was the one time in my life where i almost lost it. Wont ever happen again I have to much to lose now back then i didnt think about things like that.

+1 on the Remington 870. I own one and love it. But if you really want a good home defense shotgun, Spas-12 for sure. That's my next purchase.

As far as handguns, I know Taurus makes a revolver that shoots 45 caliber rounds as well as .410 shotgun shells. Not to expensive either.