? on 2 letters concerning how much i paid for 2 cars

jamesn69camaro

i recieved 2 letters from the department of taxasion. they are questioning how much was paid on 2 cars i purchased last year one was a 65 chevelle and the other was a 01 neon with 150k i cant remember what the amount was and i have not been able to contact the people i bought them from their numbers are changed now and one of them mooved too . any advice ? they say in the letter i can get 1000 fine and or 6 months in jail so i would like to get this resolved asap

Yeah they are probably bugging about real low amounts on the titles. When they do that they contact both parties and ask "how much did the car cost". If you get it wrong they are not going to like you.

Try to contact the sellers again. Pay someone to find their phone number.

And always keep a log of everything you do to a car you bought. I have a nifty spreadsheet on my computer for that.

I just got that letter when I sold an '00 Silverado. It is random **cough** **bullshit**. There was an $8000 difference between what I paid and what I sold it for in the same year. That's the IF statement in the State's program that caused my letter to be sent.

yea i dont have the cars or titles anymore but i had the number and remembered where the one guy lived number changed and he mooved the mexican i bought the neon from im working on finding his number im going to go to where he lived when i bought it and HOPE he didnt moove yet