Pictures in the shop

SilverAudiMike

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant race you from a 40 roll. Some crazy guy in a truck may pull up beside us at an off ramp (after stalking us for miles) and start screaming at the top of his lungs. Then his wife and children that are in his car will get scared and the people rolling with us might go to their trunks thinking its an escalated situation. :p

Never happened....

...psycho guy

I met you at one of the slomo dyno days when you dynoed ur car for like the first time on spray and idk what it was but i just didnt like ur attitude...maybe we came off on the wrong foot but I just havent liked what you or what you say since then. Maybe when race season starts again at a meet we can talk....

Oh and I have not one bit of a problem with Shanton, I like him.

Same goes for you, i have seen you at one of Slomos dyno days, and randomly in their old shop and at the track and everytime you had this un-justafiable (sp?) swagger to you especially around your old SRT-4.

But i could care less and i have no ill will toward you nor have I ever crapped on anything you have ever posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Wheels are black now, and a couple more cool shots at Wheel Medic. Im having second thoughts about doing anything beyond the upper pully/ported blower :( .

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/smokineagle/shop4.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/smokineagle/shop5.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/smokineagle/shop9.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/smokineagle/shop3.jpg

Same goes for you, i have seen you at one of Slomos dyno days, and randomly in their old shop and at the track and everytime you had this un-justafiable (sp?) swagger to you especially around your old SRT-4.

But i could care less and i have no ill will toward you nor have I ever crapped on anything you have ever posted.

http://www.playwithlinn.com/Images/Sams%20funny%20pics/funny%20pics/Picture%201378.gif

You should be able to get 500rwhp with your current set-up assuming you have a full exhaust (x-pipe/cat-back). Also having a bigger heat exchanger helps but not necessary and will not really add any rwhp. Nice choice on the pulley’s as Doug from Billetflow makes some of the highest quality parts I have ever used. I also noticed that you haven’t cut the area around your hood vents (more info here http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257450&highlight=heat+extractors ). From my experience it’s vital that you transfer the hot air that is trapped under your hood out through your hood extractors. Because your using an open element cia filter set-up, without a heat shield, (good choice on the JLT but I would have went with the in-fender set-up personally that he offers) all that trapped heat under the hood is going right back into your motor. And best of all it’s a FREE mod! I'm guessing I’ll see a kb or whipple on your car later on this year. Once you start modding the cobra it's hard to stop. I would figure out what to do with all that weight your lugging around next.

I feel I've been left out in the cold on this one, so since arriving a little late I'll just say it now.

I WILL wax the floor with Hal, and polish it up with Mike.

3 way, lets do this!

Lock it in Kurt.

damn, how did i miss this thread. mike that blower looks sexy as hell--look at all that belt wrap, baby. i'm a fan of black wheels myself, so i say keep 'em black.

i may turn up the tune a bit this summer, once i get my x-pipe/wideband installed, but i won't be going big boost until my clutch goes and i have to replace it. by that time, who knows--i've got huge plans for this car, just not right now.

we'll have to get all the cobras together this spring sometime once the weather gets better. i just saw hal's for sale post, so who the hal knows what he has planned!!

and +1 for the hood vent mod--my vents are flipped open, and i still have the insulation--many people ditch the insulation when they do this mod. i still cover the motor with towels when i wash the car so water doesn't spray all over.

I was just saying how nice that is to have that much belt on your blower pulley , I don't know if they have that much belt surface area from the factory?

the factory belt is 8 ribs, and with that small of a blower pulley (2.76"), belt slip can be an issue. with the snub idler that mike has (and i have the same one on my car), the belt almost touches itself, and there is zero belt slip.

this set-up made 505rwhp/495rwtq on my car with a pretty aggressive tune, a catback, and a K&N intake, with just a boost-a-pump, and mass air booster--that's it--stock headers/cats/etc.

once i added injectors, and made the tune VERY conservative, the car made 486rwhp/480rwtq

Originally Posted by KBOND99

I feel I've been left out in the cold on this one, so since arriving a little late I'll just say it now.

I WILL wax the floor with Hal, and polish it up with Mike.

3 way, lets do this!

I mean if you guys wanna do this 4 wide?... 100mph gap?..