free websites for finding people?

How do you find someone that doesnt really want to be found??? You always see threads about someone that ripped off car parts etc, and next thing you know all of their address/phone info is posted in the next thread. I am trying to help a friend of the family find a family member they have lost contact with. All i have is a name, dob, and city they live in florida. I can't find any public record sites for the state of florida. I figured with google this would be easy, but i am about to give up. I am not paying any money to get this done, so if anyone knows any good sites to start with that would be great. If you need the info i have i can pm you the details.

thanks in advance.

tom

google's always a fair start, plus if they own a house, then there's usually an entry into the local newspaper noting the real estate transaction. there's also the white pages :)

If you had a last name the auditors website is a good idea. You would probably need to know the county as well. Voter registration records online is another good way.

its not hard. if i remember, i will write down a couple sites tomorrow at work. i do collections, so all i do all day is try to find people

i had a couple GOOD sites at my old job, which the job paid for, but at this one its all free shit anyone could go to