new toy v2.0

evan9381

picked this up today. Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm...449+tax w/ 50$ mail in rebate, came w/ 2 magazines (12 rds each) and the rebate includes 2 more magazines

bit smaller than the sigma i picked up a few months ago, adjustable grips. trigger pull is MUCH lighter than the sigma, and will be a good CCW gun when i get my cert

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02227.jpg?t=1200702950

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02231.jpg?t=1200702950

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02233.jpg?t=1200702950

im thinking about running out to grandma and grandpas tomorrow and shoot it. ive got about 100 rds her i got for xmas, and a 20$ gift card to dicks

unless anyone else feels like going out tomorrow and has some where cheap to free to shoot at thats less than an hour away?

i like that it came w/ 3 grips. but that one is the smallest, and fits my hand best. the medium and large felt so uncomfortable. i almost didnt buy it until he told me it came w/ the small grip

austin - do you have one of these, or have you shot one? the one in vances the slide release was very smooth. my sigma is very easy to release as well

this one the pulling down the slide release feels like im going to rip off part of my thumb. sound like something common that will go away after a while, or if it doesnt loosen up, should i take it back to get it looked at?

Nope, don't have one, but I'd like one.

Also, I've never messed with one, so I can't really comment. Though, I'd give it a few hundred rounds of break in time, then call up S&Ws customer support (excellent service BTW) if you still have problems with it.

i thought i updated this, but i guess not

put ~250 rounds through it saturday. very impressed with it. i thought i was just a crappy shot with the sigma, but i guess its all in the gun. i had what i considered to be decent groups from ~12 yards away, in 14 degree weather. lol.

the slide release seemed much easier as well, but then again, i couldnt feel my hands, so i may just not have felt it as much. messing with it at home, it seems to be a tad easier.

i also found that i actually like shooting it more with the shorter clip, where my pinky finger is actually on the bottom of the clip, and ring/middle finger on the grip. feels more comfortable to me

im going to put another ~300 rounds through it this saturday as long as theres not too much snow and not terribly cold. going to try to get some better groups at 10-15 yards then work on some longer distances, 25-30 yards