Bench seat removal in 02 F150

Slimpsy1647545505

Hey all, I got some bucket seats today to replace my full bench in my 02 F150. I start the project today with hopes of it being extremely easy (it's 8 bolts, woo hoo). I got the front bolts out with ease, using a 10" extension adapter on the standard 3/8" ratchet and a t-50 torx. . . then I move the seat up and try for the back bolts and they aren't budging a bit. . . i put some wd oil on em and let em sit for a bit but they still aren't going anywhere. . . so I stopped there with fear of stripping them. I was thinking I'll probably have to buy a breaker bar . . . but even then I'm not sure if that's the most reliable way to get them out.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

A lot of times the seat bolts and seatbelt bolts thread all the way through the floor and the exposed threads get really rusty, especially here in the rust belt. Crawl directly underneath where the seat bolts are, and you'll see the bolts sticking through if that's the case. I've had a few vehicles like this, and getting underneath a spraying them with Liquid Wrench or PB really helps.

Thanks for all the advice. . . I ended up just getting a breaker bar and working them out. . . they were pretty corroded on the underside. . . but I felt this was easier than crawling underneath with a light and a wire brush and oil. . . got the bench seat out, got the other seats in. . . . needed to buy some new hardware and drill a couple new holes. . was a 4 hour project all in all, and well worth it! =)