Let's talk vinyl cutters...

Moto-Brian

Ok, I have decided that I want to get a vinyl cutter and do mono-color sponsor graphics for friends and people wanting their bikes to have sponsor stickers that are not all colors of the rainbow.

That being said, I am obviously not going into business and don't need a $3k set-up. Something no bigger than 24" wide and that is only a cutter. Although a plotter would be great...

Anyways, what does anyone have to say about cutters out there? Anyone know of someone selling one?

I have software to set things into path, etc. I have also gathered about 50 companies from SUomy to EK Chains to Repsol to whatever... You get the idea...

Anyways, input?

Do you have to have permission from each company before you can print their names, like registered trademark or something? This is totally in the opposite direction of your question but I would be interested in some, dont know what yet. Would you also be able to print decals such as the Honda wing on a gas tank and "CBR" that is on my fairing? I am a chrome fanatic, so could you print chrome stickers? Sorry for hijacking the thread but Im interested if you get into this. Tapeworks can't print me any licensed Honda things because of some aggrement they have'nt been able to finalize for a long time now.

Edited by xtremef4i

Do you have to have permission from each company before you can print their names, like registered trademark or something? This is totally in the opposite direction of your question but I would be interested in some, dont know what yet. Would you also be able to print decals such as the Honda wing on a gas tank and "CBR" that is on my fairing? I am a chrome fanatic, so could you print chrome stickers? Sorry for hijacking the thread but Im interested if you get into this. Tapeworks can't print me any licensed Honda things because of some aggrement they have'nt been able to finalize for a long time now.

Actually, any racer that is sponsored has permission to run the stickers or logos... I'd simply charge for time and not the sticker...

As far as anything else, the short answer is "yes", but it isn't a business so, it is purely for fun and to help racers and track day junkies...

Actually, any racer that is sponsored has permission to run the stickers or logos... I'd simply charge for time and not the sticker...

As far as anything else, the short answer is "yes", but it isn't a business so, it is purely for fun and to help racers and track day junkies...

So in short, you can only make sponsor logos for only the sponsors that you have? And just for clarification, you dont want to get into custom jobs like I requested, just purely only your sponsors for only people on the track? Sorry to ask, but I cant find any place to do the stickers I want without charging an arm and a leg for a sticker. Ebay sells ones similar to what I want but the dimentions are never the OEM size I am after. It would be great if OR had a fellow member to do these kinds of services.

So in short, you can only make sponsor logos for only the sponsors that you have? And just for clarification, you dont want to get into custom jobs like I requested, just purely only your sponsors for only people on the track? Sorry to ask, but I cant find any place to do the stickers I want without charging an arm and a leg for a sticker. Ebay sells ones similar to what I want but the dimentions are never the OEM size I am after. It would be great if OR had a fellow member to do these kinds of services.

If I get a machine, I'll let you know. I can always help out an OR guy. I'll keep ya posted.

Most of the plotters are crazy expensive. I have access to a plotter and use it frequently.

The plotter is crazy expensive, the software is crazy expensive, the vinyl is expensive... Oh yeah... It takes forever to weave out stickers... I think that's about it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

just look up vinyl prints.

badasscustomdecals.com

sounds kinda cheesy but they have really quality work. she can make anything you send her. its one color only though so if your looking for something fancy better looking in the phone book for "printing."

tell them natedogg624 sent you, she knows me. i think?

charges by the sq ft (or in) cheap and fast.

sorry for the threadjack brian.

Most of the plotters are crazy expensive. I have access to a plotter and use it frequently.

The plotter is crazy expensive, the software is crazy expensive, the vinyl is expensive... Oh yeah... It takes forever to weave out stickers... I think that's about it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

The PLOTTERS are expensive. I'm looking for a cutter primarily. A plotter/cutter would be great so I could print multi color stickers... But, they are out of my range.

As far as everything else, it really is pretty cheap. Weeding the vinyl is easy, too. Of course, it is what I used to do as part of my job years ago...

badasscustomdecals.com

sounds kinda cheesy but they have really quality work. she can make anything you send her. its one color only though so if your looking for something fancy better looking in the phone book for "printing."

Dude, no thread jack at all. I don't have a business so, no hair off my back. Hell, I don't even have a cutter yet!! It's all good.

badasscustomdecals.com

Thanks Nate. I'll look them up today. They arent going to charge me more if I mention your name are they? HAHA

If you do end up making stickers for a few people I am interested. I would love to have 2 honda wings on my s10 with a sticker that says "Don't ask to ride my bike and I won't ask to fuck your wife" having trouble finding someone to make that