Illegal racing in the news again

Casper

It's always some kid with F&F Honda or something like that, that they think their 16-17 sec. car is fast... And the news feeds off of it... But the news doesn't put a light on how many people die from drugs everyday, or how many people get raped and killed, or car jacked and killed... But they have the time for a spoiled little brat, that thinks he is Vin Diesel and his 90hp Civic is a 1000hp Supra...

It's always some kid with F&F Honda or something like that, that they think their 16-17 sec. car is fast... And the news feeds off of it... But the news doesn't put a light on how many people die from drugs everyday, or how many people get raped and killed, or car jacked and killed... But they have the time for a spoiled little brat, that thinks he is Vin Diesel and his 90hp Civic is a 1000hp Supra...

Yeah that is the definition of the news station. "What can we report about that would scare the biggest amount of people at once? I know! Hondas that wreck. No one is afraid of homeless people dying unless they go on a murder spree and kill.... Hey wait a minute I just thought of a really great special report!" :(

Eventually someone in the governments is going to wake up and realize the best way to get rid of street racing is give people a cheap/free venue to do this stuff. Now I am aware of all the red tape involved but maybe some way, somehow in a perfect society this could happen.

What really amazes me is these people actually try to build drag cars out vehicles like Hondas and other fwd cars(that have little power), most have good suspensions and are far better suited to taking the turns than trying to drag launch. Personally I would want to utilize a cars strengths and not waste them but maybe I'm just smarter than a lot of these people.

Street racing has been around as long as cars have been, its not going away anytime soon. The media just hypes it up in large part to a fictional movie based on half ass scenarios. If you kill yourself street racing then thats your fault, you kill someone else street racing, again its your fault. You wanna play you gotta know the consequences and accept the results

As for building FWD drag cars, who cares if its FWD, RWD or even AWD...hell if it was up to me all cars would be AWD for drag racing. Nothing says traction like 4 wheels gripping and moving all at once. The way I look at it is, its your car..build it for your own use and purposes and build it to your liking. Who cares what other people think, theres usually a hidden agenda behind comments degrading peoples cars "hate".

I used to race fairly often on the streets. After a certain close call, I realized that the police repercussions, danger to myself, and lastly, the danger to others, was too great.

Last year I started racing autoX and it was the best decision I've made in awhile. I'm just as addicted to speed, adrenaline, and driving at my car's limits, but now I have somewhere safe (and legal) to experience it.

I think if autocrossing was cheaper, and more widely known about, many kids my age would prefer it to acting like assmonkeys in their civics on Polaris Pkwy

"Simcoe says he hit 110 mph really fast." LOL I hate how the news makes it seem so extreme that people are going like 100 mph. Even on Cops they say a high speed chase and its like 90 mph. High speed to me is 140+.

Funny how they don't mention people that routinely go 90 on I-71 everyday on the way home from work. Not saying I don't do it, but there are a lot of people who just want to get from point A to point B that drive at least that fast.

Usually a story like this will pop up at the start of every summer, people will get worked up, then forget about it and go on with their lives.

"Simcoe says he hit 110 mph really fast." LOL I hate how the news makes it seem so extreme that people are going like 100 mph. Even on Cops they say a high speed chase and its like 90 mph. High speed to me is 140+.

The part I laughed at was that he hit 110 FAST. Yeah sure. His civics got about as much power as my miata. Fast is a matter of perception, but 20 seconds is slow compared to about anything else....

I agree. IMO 100mph isn't really that fast. 120mph on the freeway is where I feel things begin to get fast/dangerous. Shit even our Minivan can hit 100mph pretty easily. :rolleyes::o

Eventually someone in the governments is going to wake up and realize the best way to get rid of street racing is give people a cheap/free venue to do this stuff. Now I am aware of all the red tape involved but maybe some way, somehow in a perfect society this could happen.

i don't foresee this scenario playing out anytime soon, seems like all the future of America points to is tighter laws and less freedom...i say before anything they'll start cracking down hardcore on people, giving citations just for having aftermarket modifications...start building your sleepers now! :eek:

I wasn't aware that a 1993 Honda Civic without 1st gear was such an extreme racing machine :rolleyes:

Did nobody notice the guy named "Johnny Wong" featured in the section titled "How they Roll"????? Is this not like straight out of Fast & the Furious??!!!???

lol, tru dat

Lets see, the Ford motor company was founded on a "street race", and almost every car manufacturer today produce vehicles that will easily go 3 to 4 times the legal speed limit.

What do they think people are gonna do with them. I'm 38, and as far back as i can remember there have been movies about cars speeding, racing, outrunning the cops, and everything else under the sun, anyone here think this all started with the F+F? Your either nuts, or just too young to know better.

I wonder how much revunue would be lost if there were no speeding tickets, just a thought.