BuckeyeGoats May 18th Spring Track Rental

GTO1

Let me first give a big thanks to DarkFormula for allowing me to post that the BuckeyeGoats Track Rental at Quaker City Raceway in Salem, Ohio has been scheduled!

http://www.quakercityraceway.com/

Registration for this rental is NOT limited to GTO owners. All spots are open to the general public on a first come basis to cover the break even point of the rental.

The official date is Sunday, May 18th from 9 am to 3 pm. This will be 6 full hours of racing!!! (this may be moved back to a 10 am start-time if we have racers coming from a long distance that need additional time to arrive)

1/4 mile track, both lanes will be prepped the entire length of the track! The track will be re-prepped as needed to maintain safety for no additional charge. The format of the rental is a Test & Tune.

The rental includes 3 track staff to run the starter, computer and the time slips shack. There will be an ambulance on site and the tower will be set for Sportsman (but we can switch it if we'd like). We are required to supply persons to run the staging lanes and water-box. People must be at these stations at all times that we are racing. Post up if you are willing to spend an hour working one of the these positions.

Final pricing will be based on the number of spots filled and sponsor contributions. This is free for anybody who just wants to come watch. To reserve your spot a $20 non-refundable deposit is required. (This counts towards the total cost of course) . My target is 75 cars at $40 to break even. Racers will be charged an additional $18 per bag of oil dry for any track cleanup that is required because of their car.

The entire registration fee will only be refunded if the rental is canceled due to lack of interest or weather.

Payment via Paypal is accepted but if you prefer another form of payment please PM me for arrangements. Paypal is russmotz@adelphia.net and please include your name and user ID so I can properly track the info.

Sponsors:

http://www.backstreetper.com/images/forum-sig1.jpg

Paid = $40 paid, all others have paid the $20 deposit.

1) GTO1 Paid

2) n8g Paid

3) heath Paid

4) 2 Blue GTO Paid

5) SK360 Paid

6) Jester Paid

7) quadman Paid

8 ) cfp40 Paid

9) m_williams Paid

10) DarkFormula Paid

11) SR06GTO Paid

12) ignorant goat

13) rcsfastgto Paid

14) NickNova Paid

15) Jordan Cambell Paid

16) DougD Paid

17) MBEnsley

18 ) johnnysZ28 Paid

19) johnnysZ28+1 Paid

20) BudgetPlan1 Paid

21) radkon

22) SableGTO

23) BrazenBeast Paid

24) sableStang

25) GTOgirl77 Paid

26) Speedygoatzales Paid

27) puddy46 Paid

28 ) 05 CYCLONE Paid

29) PGH Steelers Paid

30) John Kroboth Paid

31) djt81185 Paid

32) MonzaGTO Paid

33) fin1 Paid

34) 10sec93 Paid

35) stealthrider Paid

36) amwellls1 Paid

37) CHERRY Paid

38 ) toledocapitals Paid

39) Kevin Yelinek Paid

40) TommySSSC Paid

41) RacerBob Paid

42) TheHolyCobra Paid

43) Redfire Paid

44) GTkyle Paid

45) ImpulseBlue06 Paid

46) E Green SVT Paid

47) Cam99 Paid

48 ) OMSRT Paid

49) theromanone Paid

50) z28nightrunner Paid

51) Timberman00 Paid

52) RCode04 Paid

53) jayz24 Paid

54) HUFF446 Paid

55) Bika Paid

56) MadtownGrad Paid

57) SS Aleks Paid

58 ) SS Aleks + 1 Paid

59) little red goat Paid

60) ls2trailblazer Paid

61) puddy46 + 1Paid

62) Frank Yelinek Paid

63) Doug Paid

64) Handyman Paid

65) kurt02gt

66) jwest001 Paid

67) Rexpelagi Paid

68 ) Dino Paid

69 ) Bill Paid

70) redsap05 Paid

71) mike 06 Paid

72) Whitney Paid

73) obi-1 Paid

74) Stangman Paid

75) bgblockelcamino Paid

76) mtk454ss Paid

77) Wonderbread Paid

78 ) fabgmc4me Paid

79) laura00ws6 Paid

80) silverlswon Paid

81) j-cash Paid

82) raregto Paid

How are they on cars running without a cage? If I knock off a 9 second pass are they gonna get pissed?

I don't have the contract to read the details yet and have not held a private rental there so I can't answer that right now. We do have 2 twin turbo GTOs already singed up. One has run in the tens and I know he doesn't have a roll bar.

Cool. i assume buckeyestangs will be there as well.

Yes, I've posted this on BuckeyeStangs...they usally fill up half the rental

I don't have the contract to read the details yet and have not held a private rental there so I can't answer that right now. We do have 2 twin turbo GTOs already singed up. One has run in the tens and I know he doesn't have a roll bar.

Sorry to thread jack, but if this is the same guy that I think it is, he also claims to be in the top 5 fastest GTO's in the whole United States!!

BTW he got beat on by some hondas last year while he was "n/a yet spraying" If its the same guy which it might not be.

Sorry to thread jack, but if this is the same guy that I think it is, he also claims to be in the top 5 fastest GTO's in the whole United States!!

BTW he got beat on by some hondas last year while he was "n/a yet spraying" If its the same guy which it might not be.

Nope he's not in the top 5, there are 2 that I know of running 9 and a bunch more in the 10s. He is shooting for 9s this year though. He was working on the turbos most of last year and having technical problems so most of the time he was either broken or out tuning if he did make it to the track. He didn't make it all work right until late last season.

Anyone that wants a spot just post up that your in and you'll be sending the depost shortly and I'll add you to the list now. I don't have the contract from the Quaker City yet so I'm not sure what date they need the money to reserve the track...so I have a little time to collect deposits.

Almost half full in less then a week. I'm considering on holding the price at $40 once I reach 75 cars and donating all entry fees above that to the fund CR has set up for Michelle and the girls. I posted that on BuckeyeGoats and got a pretty good response to do that. We did have 100 cars last year and that would raise $1000. ...now I got to get there.

Guest nursecilla

Cough..cough..rcsfastgto. Yes, he says that he is the fastest GTO in Ohio...not sure if he says claims to be in the top 5 fastest in the US..but sounds like him.

Cough..cough..rcsfastgto. Yes, he says that he is the fastest GTO in Ohio...not sure if he says claims to be in the top 5 fastest in the US..but sounds like him.

Well if you got yours hooking maybe he would't be. LOL

Guest nursecilla
LOL! Yeah I know. Practice..practice..practice. Can't wait until the rental. Didn't realize it is 4 HOURS from where we live. Oh well. I am sure it will be well worth it!

LOL! Yeah I know. Practice..practice..practice. Can't wait until the rental. Didn't realize it is 4 HOURS from where we live. Oh well. I am sure it will be well worth it!

Couldn't help the location, Norwalk didn't have it's schedule for rental available and raised it's prices. ....but we are currently talking with National Trails for a fall rental so that will be a lot closer for you.

• 3 months later...

The gates will open 1/2 hr prior to racing. So 8:30

At the gate you will need to sign the standard liability waiver. You also will receive a tech card. So yes your car must be teched. They are only looking for obvious safety problems. You also MUST have a helmet if you run 13.99 or faster.

You are allowed to park anywhere in the pit area.

Teching: The tech station is located outside the guard rail by staging lane 14. There is a aluminum box there. I will be assigning numbers to the cars at that location and verifying that you are fully paid. A Quaker City worker will exchange your tech card for a run car that will allow you into the staging lanes.

It is our responsibility to provide workers to run the staging lanes, the water box and the ET shack. (which is at the end of the track). If we do not have these positions manned at all times nobody can run. ...meaning I will need volunteers all day long to hang out at those locations.

In case of a rain out we will be rescheduling. The track uses Weather Underground to moniter the weather. If it is sprinkling early Sunday morning but thing look like they will clear and that the track will dry, they will move the start time back and we will still have 6 hours of racing.