car titeling question????

SausageKing

I'm getting ready to possibly get a Toyota Supra. Only one problem, the owner had complications w/ the cars previous owner and did not get the title for the Supra. How hard would it be for me to get a titel for the car? What would I need to do? Is it even possible?

Thanx. p.s. I was trying to get this today.

I believe this is the law that pertains to your question. I have done this before. You will need to submit all evidence you have in regards to your legal ownership. Including affidavets, bill of sales, witness statements. Anything you can think of to prove you are now the legal owner. It will be up the BMV's discretion to believe you and issue you a title in your name, or deny you a title, which will only leave you with legal recoarse.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4505.10

I'm in the same jam as you bro. I bought a 87 bronco fullsize last may in philly,pa and the guy was supposed to mail me the title but haven't got it yet after numerous phone calls and voicemails. he seemed like a good guy when I drove there to pick it up w/ a buddy of mine. Now I'm wondering the same thing about how am I supposed to get a title made out for it if the previous owner isn't assisting me on getting the actual title for it. any thoughts ppl?

thanks,

Paul