Guitar Lessons

Buck531

We got our 14 year old son an electric guitar for Christmas. I know how to play, but don't have much patience in teaching. I was looking to find a place who does lessons on the cheap. When I took lessons 15 years ago it was $8 bucks a half hour.

I called this Sugar Creek in Gahanna and they want f'n $25 bucks a 1/2 hour for a lesson. Screw that.

Anyone know of anyone around/in Gahanna that teaches guitar for a reasonable price?

Edit - music go round is $75 a month which is $18.75 a week per half hour.

I'm the same way...doing something then "oh hey a butterfly" or some stuff.

If you want to make the drive, I got lessons for a number of years from Tom Tussing at Colonial Music in Worthington. I don't have his number anymore, but it was fairly cheap. I stopped taking lessons less than a year ago. He's extremely good, patient, and will help you to learn whatever you want.

have you called a few shops? Most shops have guys that give lessons out of them. Try the string shoppe down on campus. Also, check out guitar pro at http://www.guitar-pro.com. It's not so much for lessons as it's just for tabs. The biggest thing for him is keeping him interested in it until he actually learns a few songs. You said you play so you understand that part of it. I'll have to check with a buddy of mine but I think I can get the serial number for version 5. I have version 4 now but just need to get the serial number from my buddy. He pays for it then just gives me the number. :D

I bought all my stuff from the String Shoppe on campus when I used to play. That's way too far of a drive for me. I'd like to stick around the Gahanna area.

I'll call Sam Ash as they're on Morse rd and not too far from me.

My good friend Nick Collura does them, 40 dollars a month, paid in full at the beginning of each month, for a half hour lesson once a week (10/hour). Although it may be a stretch for you as he's down around the Lancaster area. . . I'd just try posting on craigslist for seeking guitar lessons and see whatcha get =)