thinking of getting a new car

smokin5s

so I'm thinking about getting a new car that is more economical.

so far, I'm interested in the Altima and the Accord... both '08 models and 4cyl.

Does anyone have any opinions on either one? I test drove the Altima today and really liked it although it seemed a bit underpowered and I wasn't overly impressed with the CVT tranny.

Anyone like any other 4 door cars?

the required is

4 door

MUST get good gas mileage

dual climate control...

fairly inexpensive

reliable

other than that, I don't care.

I can pick up both cars for invoice which is right around 20'ish.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved my 2003 Accord V6 but it wasn't as rattle free and Honda perfect as one would think. I've had zero rattle/squeak issues with my GXP and same was true for my Trailblazer before that. Hopefully Honda is better now.

Otherwise, I loved the car and prolly should have kept it. May go back to an import, don't know. I waffle a lot.

If you buy it, you sure can't beat the resale I'll give them that.

so I'm thinking about getting a new car that is more economical.

so far, I'm interested in the Altima and the Accord... both '08 models and 4cyl.

Does anyone have any opinions on either one? I test drove the Altima today and really liked it although it seemed a bit underpowered and I wasn't overly impressed with the CVT tranny.

Anyone like any other 4 door cars?

the required is

4 door

MUST get good gas mileage

dual climate control...

fairly inexpensive

reliable

other than that, I don't care.

I can pick up both cars for invoice which is right around 20'ish.

Personally, I'd take the Altima. Every Accord I've driven across multiple years, including the new ones, have been a shitty experience. They have crappy handling, crappy feel, and are crappy to drive. The Altima is better.

Have you looked at the new Chevy Malibu?

I have an '04 GP and I have no rattles or anything...

my only real complaint is the gas mileage and the transmissions in this car are crap... oh and the fact that I've had my PS pump replaced twice and it's whining again and the steering knuckle is clunking again...

The Accord was redesigned this year, so I really need to test drive it decide about the windshield and the rattles.

Oh yeah one more vote for a grand prix. My buddy's wife has one and that car is sexy as hell. Very nice interior, good looks, and bewst.

been there, done that... HORRIBLE gas mileage... I drive mostly freeway and still get about 300'ish miles on a tank of gas and it costs me 60 or so dollars to fill up

buy certified used, save tons money, and get more warranty. Especially on a daily driver type economy sedan. Makes no sense to buy new in my opinion.

They just had a I4 sedan test in one of the pop magazines. Pretty sure C&D, but not sure. Do some research online.

Why if you're buying a mid-size car would you buy a 4 cylinder? If it were me I'd stick with a small car. You get less weight to haul around, better mileage, etc.... Unless you're carrying around 4 friends all the time there's no reason to buy a mid-size car, unless you're taking advantage of the V6 option.

- just my two cents :)

My mom owns an 04 accord 4cyl. I have driven it and loved it. It handles real well. It has more power then I though it would. It is an automatic as well and it shifted very smoothly. Older hondas that are automatic do not shift well IMO.

Why if you're buying a mid-size car would you buy a 4 cylinder? If it were me I'd stick with a small car. You get less weight to haul around, better mileage, etc.... Unless you're carrying around 4 friends all the time there's no reason to buy a mid-size car, unless you're taking advantage of the V6 option.

an economy car is not big enough for my needs. I thought about the 4 door Civic, but it was a bit cramped for me. I have to haul around a 10 year old, my 80 lbs lab and the old lady, so a Civic or that type is not feesable.

honda fit!!

there is alot more room in those things than you think. they get rediculous gas milage, and since they are a hatch back you can haul tons of shit in them. be worth checking out.

you can get them in paddle shift as well. and you really cant beat the price on one

checking out the 08 Accords...the V6 isn't much different in mpg's than the four banger. I loved my V6 and now with the 3.5l, which offers a huge difference in drivability and feel than the 3.0l one I had it's an easy call. V6 FTW.

Why if you're buying a mid-size car would you buy a 4 cylinder? If it were me I'd stick with a small car. You get less weight to haul around, better mileage, etc....

honda fit!!

there is alot more room in those things than you think. they get rediculous gas milage, and since they are a hatch back you can haul tons of shit in them. be worth checking out.

you can get them in paddle shift as well. and you really cant beat the price on one

I agree. Other than the rear drum brakes, this thing was impressive.

honda fit!!

ya, but it's fugly

Guest jmw_LS2
been there, done that... HORRIBLE gas mileage... I drive mostly freeway and still get about 300'ish miles on a tank of gas and it costs me 60 or so dollars to fill up

Which model was this?