Is there an organized sport bike group in Cleveland?!?!?

InyaAzz

Ever since last year, I've been trying to find someone to ride with. I live on the far west side, and I can't seem to find any seriously organized groups other than the guys in Toledo and Columbus. I'm trying to find something in the realm of www.detroitsportbikes.com, which I've rolled with before. They are a great bunch of guys, and organize rides every weekday/weekend as well as special events.

Does this animal exist in Cleveland?

I would love to join a group in cleveland. The only thing that I am worried about is the type of people that are in them. If I'm going to be in a club they had better be intelligent, safe and have their ego's in check. What part of the west side do you live in?

That's the problem...riding with knuckleheads. DSB is great..riders of every skill level. when they ride, they use hand signals..the route is planned in advance..there are designated catch up spots. everyone has a good time. if someone is going to pop a wheelie or do some serious speed its always in the back country roads with no one around. DSB has a lot of fun on their rides. Some drink, some don't..but we all have a good time. I'm looking for the same type of thing in Cleveland. They are very organized on the net.

I live in lorain..but work in Beachwood.

Lots of real Squidy riders up here, one group I ride with once in awhile (which my Brother on his Repsol is one of) are mega squid and I sometimes end up riding to fast in the wrong area's with them which is why I only ride with them a couple times a season....the other two guy's I ride with are just a little to slow for me....so I would say my brother (which rides more sanely when not with that group) and myself would be up for a Cleveland group of riders....................Ken

• 2 weeks later...

InYaAzz there is another lorain person on this board with the screen name R1 Crusher. Send him a PM, I have friends and family up there so I will give you a shout if I make it up there anytime soon

As far as starting a group you already have a forum to use.

InYaAzz there is another lorain person on this board with the screen name R1 Crusher. Send him a PM, I have friends and family up there so I will give you a shout if I make it up there anytime soon

As far as starting a group you already have a forum to use.

I was going to say the same thing, about both parts. I have family up that way too. As for the forum, this is for you guys and gals. Start your group. Tell all the riders you know / see about this website. Organize your rides. That's what this place is all about. If you need help, let me know. We're working on getting postcard sized fliers made. I can send you some to hand out, or you could make your own. It's completely up to you.

We need to get together and get some rides/activities going on in the Akron/Cleveland area. We're way lame up here compared to the crew in Columbus. As soon as I get a new bike, I'll try to organize a ride. Some of the guys I occasionally ride with hit the Atwood Lake region for a loop. It's a pretty good ride. Perhaps we could also ride down to Columbus one day. 93 to 36 to 16 to 161 into Columbus is a nice ride.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was going to say the same thing, about both parts. I have family up that way too. As for the forum, this is for you guys and gals. Start your group. Tell all the riders you know / see about this website. Organize your rides. That's what this place is all about. If you need help, let me know. We're working on getting postcard sized fliers made. I can send you some to hand out, or you could make your own. It's completely up to you.

Good ideas...both of you. I'm trying to get a couple of things together and get this thing started. I probably won't have much for this riding season...but hopefully over the winter months more peeps will be online lookin' to organize.

InYaAzz what lroain high school did you graduate from and when?

Although I am from Lorain I left cause alot of people their sucked .I was LAK 98

I'm not from Lorain. I moved here about 9 years ago from MI. The ONLY reason I am in Lorain is because my kids are here.

For crying out loud...I'm feeling damn old now. '97 and '98 graduates...sheesh.

As for the fishing....it's probably best to leave the fish in the lake. I've not been down by hot waters in a loooong time. Especially since they opened the boat launchs off Broadway and the launches in Avon.

For crying out loud...I'm feeling damn old now. '97 and '98 graduates...sheesh.

As for the fishing....it's probably best to leave the fish in the lake. I've not been down by hot waters in a loooong time. Especially since they opened the boat launchs off Broadway and the launches in Avon.

I don't even let my kids near the lake. It's pretty nasty near Lorain.

And yeah, I graduated in 88 so I feel old too.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to hook up with anyone in the lorain area. I am originally from California so I dont know many riding spots. I have a couple of friends that would probably hook up too. I have been living in Elyria since June '05. Just got my bike in March though. OH. And I graduated in '81 so Im not much of a youngen these days either... :)

Cool. I like how this is slowly coming together. i wish i could get everyone together tomorrow, but it's too short of a notice. Next week is the AMA, so that's out of the question. The weekend after I have my kids...but that's probably the only weekend coming up soon that we can do it.

How does everyone feel about Aug 11 (Sat) or Aug 12 (Sun)???

Unfortunately I will be out of town for the next 3 weeks. I will be back in Cleveland next Friday night and flying back out on Sunday to Texas and the weekend after I will be in California. The next available weekend for me is the 18th and/or 19th or the 1st of Sept.

I will be free next Saturday day or night. I will be itchin for some riding time by then anyways. :)

Unfortunately I will be out of town for the next 3 weeks. I will be back in Cleveland next Friday night and flying back out on Sunday to Texas and the weekend after I will be in California. The next available weekend for me is the 18th and/or 19th or the 1st of Sept.

I will be free next Saturday day or night. I will be itchin for some riding time by then anyways. :)

I'll be riding down to Mid Ohio for the AMA's on Saturday..but if anyone else is lookin' for a ridin' partner on that day...speak up.