Bullet Proof Vests

SPLN SUX

I didnt really see this as tech just because it doesnt really have to do with a car... but if it is seen as such, my appologies.

Wheres a good place to buy one? Probably Level IIIA with pockets for Level IV plates. Something that sticks close to the body, like executive style... I saw tons of them on ebay... but im a little apprehensive of buying one from god knows who... any suggestions?

Not sure where the best place to get one is, but military folks seem to like "dragon skin", from Pinnacle Armor.

If you have around $5K laying around, it's supposed to be pretty good stuff. There's a few companies like US Cav store, or any law enforcement equipment dealer should carry most bullet proof vests. I'm not sure why you'd need a SAPI plate for any reason other than being a US contractor in Iraq/Afghanistan, but I may know of where you may get some. I'm curious aswell why you'd need a vest???

Why do you need it then..

Come on John, do you really think:

A. I would really do something illegal to the point where id need a vest

or

B. If i would, id tell a CPD what it was for?

Gett off my nutz, squirrel :cool:

PS: I hope i NEVER need it... but id rather have it, and not need it, than need it, and not have it ;)

My guess is he handles a lot of cash for the pizza place... just a guess.

Places like that which do 'small' amounts of money per day may not use a service to come pick up their money. Instead they have their manager take it to a bank. It's not uncommon for these people to be hijacked for the few thousand they have on them. A couple of cars come up and box them in. Shoot the person carrying the money, leave them for dead and they are off with crack money for the next month with very little evidence left and it's over very quickly. Shitty way to run a business, but that's they way some of them run.

Like I said, just a guess.

If you have around $5K laying around, it's supposed to be pretty good stuff. There's a few companies like US Cav store, or any law enforcement equipment dealer should carry most bullet proof vests. I'm not sure why you'd need a SAPI plate for any reason other than being a US contractor in Iraq/Afghanistan, but I may know of where you may get some. I'm curious aswell why you'd need a vest???

Well, 5,000$ saved my eldest brother's life, stopping a 7.62 round from about 20-30 meters. Guess that means Ranger's are what they say: practically bullet proof...haaaaa

I would rock a vest delivering pizzas...:cool: