375 hp hyundai?

Dave1647545494

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It goes further than that....the workers assemble the cars in the same factories. They just swap people. Very unique relationship.

thats nothing new. hyundai owns 51% of kia.

quite a few parts on my car are stamped with both logos

My mom got a Azura and even thought its a hyaundi Its a damn nice ride. I really like that car the amenities are nice and the car drives really well. Its not BMW but it feels way better then a camary. It's also no slotch at 275hp I think it is.

My wife has an 03 Elantra 5-door that has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. I has just shy of 70K on it and has only been in the shop 2 times. Once to have bad rear wheel bearing replaced that was bad from the day we got it. And the other time was when we had the timing belt replaced at 60K. It has never let us down and I would strongly suggest them to anyone looking for a cheap and depenable daily driver. They are no speed demon, but they are good cars.

The new one looks nice, but I am not into cars in the market it is going againist. I will be interested in seeing the new RWD Tibby when it comes out.

It's annoying to see how the damn super bowl commercial actually created buzz for the car, on basically every forum i frequent :).

mission accomplished. this is why you pay a million dollars a minute for advertising.

i'll never own anything foreign.

Kirk you own a austriallan car.

roflsaurus rex. thats funny chit, mang.

My mom got a Azura and even thought its a hyaundi Its a damn nice ride. I really like that car the amenities are nice and the car drives really well. Its not BMW but it feels way better then a camary. It's also no slotch at 275hp I think it is.

Same here.

I was pretty skeptical about the Hyaundi at first but have been proven wrong. It was a top notch car with regard to fit and finish...ride quality was great, ammenities galore, good power, all at a great price.

I have driven a few of the optioned out Sonata's also and would not blink an eye at purchasing one as a nice daily driver in the future. Seriously, you haters should go take a test drive. I'd bet you would be very surprised. :)

-Marc

Guest 78novaman

This car was at the Detroit auto show.......

I saw pics and info a week ago or so. It looks like what the new Lincoln MKZ should be. I may even take a look at one in a couple of years. If they put a manual trans in it I'll take a serious look.

Same here.

I was pretty skeptical about the Hyaundi at first but have been proven wrong. It was a top notch car with regard to fit and finish...ride quality was great, ammenities galore, good power, all at a great price.

I have driven a few of the optioned out Sonata's also and would not blink an eye at purchasing one as a nice daily driver in the future. Seriously, you haters should go take a test drive. I'd bet you would be very surprised. :)

-Marc

I have drove a shit ton of new Sonata's. Good value for the money. Not quite as nice as a accord or camry yet, but they're getting closer.

Is it possible for a Hyundai or Kia to go 200,000+ miles on the original powertrain without being rebuilt or replaced? Has it ever been done? A friend of mine has a Sonata with like 240k miles that is now on it's 3rd tranny and 4th engine. No joke.

Not trying to hate, but I think it's funny when people praise a car for being "reliable" when it only has like 70k miles on it.

I just can't force myself to respect anything with Hyundai or Kia written on it. Maybe it's just me but I'm definitely not sold on this, no matter how powerful or nice it looks. Time will tell if their new stuff is any better.

I have drove a shit ton of new Sonata's. Good value for the money. Not quite as nice as a accord or camry yet, but they're getting closer.

see i think the hyundai's are a good buy and the toyota's and honda's are out pricing themselves really, i don't look to any for excitement but for daily's and one that is 10 grand less works better in my book

Is it possible for a Hyundai or Kia to go 200,000+ miles on the original powertrain without being rebuilt or replaced? Has it ever been done? A friend of mine has a Sonata with like 240k miles that is now on it's 3rd tranny and 4th engine. No joke.

Not trying to hate, but I think it's funny when people praise a car for being "reliable" when it only has like 70k miles on it.

I just can't force myself to respect anything with Hyundai or Kia written on it. Maybe it's just me but I'm definitely not sold on this, no matter how powerful or nice it looks. Time will tell if their new stuff is any better.

I used to deliver pizzas with a guy that had an Elantra with over 250k on the odometer, original motor, rebuilt trans. Obviously he had done a lot of maintenance with that kind of mileage like cam/crank seals with lots of wear parts but it was a reliable car.

Guest Removed

i have a few customers that have high mileage kias. oe installed engines and trans to boot. dirving one to death and taken care of it has a big gap between them! i just replaced a enigne in a 04 sedona that changed there oil every 7,500 miles. it blew up at 60k. on the other hand i have one the guy use's for delivery, changes the oil every 3k and flushs the trans every 30k and has over 300k on it.(oe drivetrain still)

take care of your car and it will take care of you!

i have a buddy who lives out in morgantown WV (actually, i think he moved to florida recently), but his xd (01-03 elantra) went for 130k miles on the original clutch! i think he had to do his brakes for the 1st time a bit after 100k

see i think the hyundai's are a good buy and the toyota's and honda's are out pricing themselves really, i don't look to any for excitement but for daily's and one that is 10 grand less works better in my book

Guest Removed

and its what we called world engine. lots of poeple are using it.mitsu, hyundia, kia etc.

the newer 3.8 is a gm engine. and they are using lots on gm electornics, or bocsh stuff.

Guest Removed

and its what we called world engine. lots of poeple are using it.mitsu, hyundia, kia etc.

the newer 3.8v6 is a gm engine. and they are using lots on gm electornics, or bocsh stuff.