Sound Deadener

Guest Hal

This may be tech, not positive. Feel free to move if it is more tech related.

I'm getting sick of the noise inside the Cobra. I have to raise my voice to have a conversation just cruising in 6th. I've heard of Dynamat and B-Quiet but I was wondering what you guys have used. Any recommendations? The car doesn't have to be silent, but, I would like to be able to enjoy driving it without going deaf.

That looks pretty good. I'll have to bust out the calculator for square footage. Have you used it?

Yup. It's good stuff, ESPECIALLY for the price!

I would EASILY compare the cheap one to the "cheap" Dynomat. I got 100 sq ft of EDead for $100!!! Do THAT w/ Dynomat!! It goes on JUST like Dynomat. A Heatgun (or letting sit out in the hot sun) and a steel roller works wonders.

Plus, there is no stink like using roofing sheathing!

KillJoy

I was researching sound dampening and was considering making a post a few days ago.

Something you can try is Peel n Seal, its a roof insulator. Its dirt cheap and comes in rolls. You can find it at lowes ( i think). Lots of people have had good results based on what I can find on google.

Although the problem is that it is a tar based adhesive, and in very hot weather it can come lose and get all gooey. I have a black car, which means if it was in the door panels, it would get VERY HOT. Bad. I was thinking of using it in the flooring of the trunk and maybe something like edead everywhere else.

Edit: Check this out. http://www.secondskinaudio.com/ They make the best stick on sound dampening material (besides its high price)

i have had bad luck with dynamat but for the shyt ur going to use if for it mite work..... for the 1s that seen my old car that i had 2000 ss black monte carlo with airride its my av.. pic i had $700.00 in dynamat and still radled and people still would yell get some till i poped the truck and u could see some around the truck