MV's hot new bikes

Mandova

whats so new about em... they look the same as they always have.

Yep, Gorgeous! I'd never spend $ like that, but if I could this is one of 3 that would be on my list. I don't think I could even ride it. It's just plain awesome.

From the website....here are the updated features:

New decals and color schemes

Smoked screen from the F4 CC

Smaller exhaust tail pipes with the end piece cross section resembling a “slice of salami”

New suspension calibration

Sachs steering damper from the F4 CC

Brembo monoblock (one-piece) brakes

1,078cc engine

Slipper clutch

New close ratio gearbox

This is why the F4 RR 312 now has updated suspension calibration. The search for perfect balance has dictated that the forks and monoshock shock absorber behave differently to deal with the new power output. The components are the same as on the R 312: Enormous 50 mm Marzocchi front forks and a Sachs “monoshock” at the rear as with the new steering damper inherited from the F4 CC. These are professional components that have been prepared with infinitesimal precision and attention to detail so as offer a taste of what riding a race machine is really all about. The carbon nitride treated forks, apart from their aggressive, original color, improve sliding characteristics within the legs on the forks. Travel has been increased by 1 mm and is now 130 mm. To underline the race-bred nature of this bike, the monoshock is fitted with a hydraulic spring preload adjuster that can be easily and quickly reset with an Allen key. The hydraulic compression has two possible ranges of adjustment, one for high and the other for low speeds. These improve the behavior at the rear under heavy compression and when the rider encounters frequent changes in the road surface.

How about, "ready enough to race"?

IPapa, you rode one?? You are spoiled. :)

Put it this way - couple of guys rode thyem in the WERA series - they were a handful and that was WELL prepared race set-ups. When I say handful, the other bikes in it's class were easily running faster pace with less effort with at least the same set-up.

MVs are cool. Eye candy and even have decent performance. However... Take a stock 09 GSXR1000 and put $14k into it. Result? MV killer...

Sure, the GSXR is like everyone else's bike you'll see and you'd get something that not everyone else has when owning an MV, but in this class of bike, if you buy something simply to stand out, you live in excess and don't care about performance.

Now, if you're loaded and have tons of money, having one in the garage is cool. But, if you have a choice and want the best bike, this one ain't it...

Put it this way - couple of guys rode thyem in the WERA series - they were a handful and that was WELL prepared race set-ups. When I say handful, the other bikes in it's class were easily running faster pace with less effort with at least the same set-up.

MVs are cool. Eye candy and even have decent performance. However... Take a stock 09 GSXR1000 and put $14k into it. Result? MV killer...

Sure, the GSXR is like everyone else's bike you'll see and you'd get something that not everyone else has when owning an MV, but in this class of bike, if you buy something simply to stand out, you live in excess and don't care about performance.

Now, if you're loaded and have tons of money, having one in the garage is cool. But, if you have a choice and want the best bike, this one ain't it...

and

you mean like Bruce Wayne...

I am in agreement that a gsxr1000 w/ all the fancy race stuff in it would possibly out perform the MV line, but it's just not as stylish.

Batman has eveything. Just roll out an 120,000k bike from behind some wall in your mega underground garage and hop on. :nono:

GSX-R is a top notch bike. No doubt about it. It's just insanely boring and redundant. I guess the same can be said for all the new Japanese rides. I am not knocking their performance attributes because I'd lose that fight in a second. I am just saying they are bland' date=' run-of-the-mill and not very pleasing visually.[/quote']

If you buy a bike purely on style, then yes - the Japanese bikes are somewhat bland. I will say, though that the Duc and MV are getting long in the tooth in terms of style. They look bulky compared to the new R1 and 09 GSXR1000. But, again, pleasing on the eye is a matter of tatse and opinion.

Personally, I buy a bike based on a few criteris. One, performance. What is the best? Not an MV or 1098 in terms of dollar per performance... Two, dependability. Although Ducs are getting better, they still require STOOOPID amounts of money for service and are somewhat antique in their approach. Cool gadgets like REAL traction control on their 1098R is cool, but it falls short in other areas...

I think the Euro bikes are great and have souls that intrigue me a ton. If I had the money, I'd buy a 1098R and maybe an MV. Just as toys. But, for all out track day use and the like, I'd get a 2009 GSXR1000 and build it full tilt. It just would reward me more.

But then again, I don't buy bikes for looks... It's a small part, but the overall package is what I look at.