Need a guard dog?

Rustlestiltskin

Definitely a bad ass breed. My brother had one for years. Named him Bear. Took him in as a pup from a rescue group in Cleveland. Was very protective...almost to a fault. He had bear for nearly 7 years but got rid of him as he growled and snapped at him one time to where he felt unsure of being able to control him.

What happened is he was protecting the kids as my brother yelled at his oldest son, 14 yrs at the time. He worked nights and over time wasn't able to spend as much quality time with the dog socializing him. The breed is tough to train and needs constant socialization and exercise.

Bear was over 140lbs within two years. Downside is he was a long haired version and I can remember summer in Cleveland being near unbearable for Tom in terms of him shedding.

More of the breed

I would not want to be trespassing on property with one of these dogs

Never take in a dog which you are not prepared to maintain Alpha status against.

Yes, against. Every dog has it's day, meaning every dog will get the urge to vie for the A spot. When it does, you have to be prepared to defend your spot, this means inflicting pain (not neccesarily damage). If you don't think you can face this without flinching, don't get one.

That dog is a huge lawsuit hazard, a Farm-only animal.

I got 100$ my 60# pitt fucks that thing up.

60# dog vs 180# psycho dog.. Unless you've been training your pitt jiu-jitsu?

But no one should ever own a dog that outweighs them. The dog dragged that guy around like a rag doll. It was even going after a fox-body sedan! That thing was fearless. :)

Those dogs are born mean. My brothers friend has one down in NC on a little farm (45 acres) and it could pull a truck I bet. Brother said "its 165lbs of pure badass."

I got 100$ my 60# pitt fucks that thing up.

Better hope someone doesnt have an Tosa Inu or a Presa Canario then that money may be lost. the APBT is pound for pound one of the best fighting dogs around its just hard to beat a 160 lb Cacausian, Dogo, Perro De Torro, Tosa Inu, cane corso, or English Mastiff. But fighting dogs is dumb so dont do it.

I'm going to get one just so I can say I own a Caucasian :cool:

HAHAHAHaaa..

That dog makes my 100lb american bulldog look like a chump!

I doubt even Mick Vicks champ pit could take that thing!

It looks like it could take a few gun shots and keep going!