Spotted: 6 Speed GTS

TimTaylor751647545500

I pulled it off good.

I was merging onto the freeway from sawmill, the state highway patrol merged right behind me and flicked on the lights I figured window tint since I was going 45mph down the ramp onto 270. He yelled at me to roll down my window but they were all iced shut, he pulls open my passenger door and asks if I knew why he stopped me, I said no I do not sir. He pulls out some tint meter that didn't need my windows to be rolled down and says 20%. He tells me he can tow my car since its had 2 equipment violations (both tint stops) I tell him look "I'm on my way to school and I'm running late, I am seeing a doctor later in the week for tint prescription so can we let this go." He goes back to his car, writes me a fix it ticket/warning but said he won't check up on it, so go see a doctor asap. I made an appointment with my doc tomorrow to get my tint legalized finally and end these worthless tickets.

I pulled it off good.

I was merging onto the freeway from sawmill, the state highway patrol merged right behind me and flicked on the lights I figured window tint since I was going 45mph down the ramp onto 270. He yelled at me to roll down my window but they were all iced shut, he pulls open my passenger door and asks if I knew why he stopped me, I said no I do not sir. He pulls out some tint meter that didn't need my windows to be rolled down and says 20%. He tells me he can tow my car since its had 2 equipment violations (both tint stops) I tell him look "I'm on my way to school and I'm running late, I am seeing a doctor later in the week for tint prescription so can we let this go." He goes back to his car, writes me a fix it ticket/warning but said he won't check up on it, so go see a doctor asap. I made an appointment with my doc tomorrow to get my tint legalized finally and end these worthless tickets.

Assuming it's not too personal, what's wrong with your eyes that allows you to get a "tint prescription". I've heard of others who have it, but never really heard what for. Eye surgery or something?

Assuming it's not too personal, what's wrong with your eyes that allows you to get a "tint prescription". I've heard of others who have it, but never really heard what for. Eye surgery or something?

naw its actually quite easy to get, my eyes are just a little sensitive to light and I always need sunglasses to drive most days and those don't even help me. Window tint helps a lot more me, driving the talon gets blinding sometimes so I need tint for that soon.

naw its actually quite easy to get, my eyes are just a little sensitive to light and I always need sunglasses to drive most days and those don't even help me. Window tint helps a lot more me, driving the talon gets blinding sometimes so I need tint for that soon.

If you can say that to a Dr with a straight face, more power to you. :)

I gave up on tint a while ago. Tired of constantly wondering if I would get pulled over, and actually giving cops a legit reason to bug me.

If you can say that to a Dr with a straight face, more power to you. :)

I gave up on tint a while ago. Tired of constantly wondering if I would get pulled over, and actually giving cops a legit reason to bug me.

Understandable, I talked on the phone with the doctor about it and they seemed like they will give me it pretty easily.

Understandable, I talked on the phone with the doctor about it and they seemed like they will give me it pretty easily.

Wanting to look into this, too. My eyes are also very light sensitive. For example, working in a very bright office, etc, will lead to severe headaches later in the day. Driving at night, I have night shades I wear to cut down on the glare and excess light. I mean, due to super light absorbtion, I can see rather well in the dark, but throw a flashlight across my eyes, and it's like getting hit in the head or something. Hard to explain.

I've heard it's not too hard to get a 'prescription' for tint.

No shit? I have to wear sunglasses all the fucking time. I'm going to have to look into this.

A kid that went to my high school got a doctors excuse for illegal/legal tint due to suffering from extreme migraines brought on by light and I can only imagine other factors as well, whether or not his story was BS or not I don't know. But that's what was said. So he drove around a busted up car with the darkest windows I have ever seen in my life.

tint prescriptions are pretty easy to get. depending on your doctor anyways. i know of about 4 friends here in delaware with them....i can deffinatly understand it though. today i almost hit a curb leaving my apartment complex. the bright ass sunlight reflecting off the snow SUCKS!

good luck on obtaining yours