My new HID setup!

Flybye

just a few quick ones i snapped off. they arent the greatest but it was cold and i was in a hurry.

and i know the fogs look a bit greenish/blue, but its just how they came out? they still need to be adjusted alot aswell.

anyways i have 4300k low beams and 3000k foglights

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/IMG_0019.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/IMG_0020.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/IMG_0022.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/IMG_0023.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/IMG_0024.jpg

Unless you got the actualy headlight housings that are designed for hid's your going to be blinding everyone else on the road..I was looking into getting them for my camaro but they don't make a real housing or it so I won't do it, blinding others and causing accidents aren't on my to-do list.

looks good I would like to put Hids in the 3.

its not too bad. we did them on the g/fs 07. the only thing that blows is the stupid retaining clip. i couldnt get it back in with the headlight in the car, so we ended up having to remove the front bumper (15 min) to get to the hidden bolt to remove the whole headlight assembly

after that, it was a breeze.

if you want to order a set, i can give you a hand getting them in. shouldnt take more than an hour or so. the cutoff is perfect with the stock halogen projectors

yellow is best for fogs as ay other color will reflect off of the fog. and yes they can seem a different color from other angles.

the low beams i got 4300k becuase they offer the most usable light. i wasnt really going to buy them for the "look" and color. not that i dont like higher kelvin kits. because i have used probably all the ptions offered in previous cars. i just wanted to get the most out of them this time.

and to the opnes who think im blinding must not know that i have projectors and have aimed them slightly lower than before. they were still designed for halogen bulbs, but are alot better than any other headlight housing.

anyways these will work for now....i am planning a retro fit in the very near future

theres a reason that lexus uses 4300k hids and yellow fogs. the yellow light adds depth of field to the white, sharpens edges and the like. i had the same setup in my old galant, and i could see into the future. but, i will echo the sentiment of some others and say that, if you dont aim them correctly, you are a bastard.

also, i beleive that the law states that if you do not have a headlight housing designed to run hids (not necessarily a projector) then its illegal to run them. its a nitpicky thing, but they can tag you for it.

also, i beleive that the law states that if you do not have a headlight housing designed to run hids (not necessarily a projector) then its illegal to run them. its a nitpicky thing, but they can tag you for it.

i bet most cops dont even know anything about this though....im sure they would have to do a bit more research on the side of the road to get you with this. no biggie though, mine arent angled up very high. which sucks for me a bit, but i have not been flashed yet. so im sure they arent that bad for oncoming cars.

like said...i think im gonna try out another retro fit. should be pretty interesting on the GTO. and im hoping that with already having projectors it will make things easier on me?

i bet most cops dont even know anything about this though....im sure they would have to do a bit more research on the side of the road to get you with this. no biggie though, mine arent angled up very high. which sucks for me a bit, but i have not been flashed yet. so im sure they arent that bad for oncoming cars.

like said...i think im gonna try out another retro fit. should be pretty interesting on the GTO. and im hoping that with already having projectors it will make things easier on me?

Dunno, but I JUST saw the car like 20 minutes ago on campus view and its lookin sexay :thumbup:

I would imagine a cop can ticket you for having a car that did not come from the factory with HID, as the "kits" are illegal. I suppose it would be your job to prove to the court you installed an OEM unit and that your lights are DOT certified.

Even with proper aiming in a housing not designed for HID, you will still get glare. Post a picture of your cutoff. It should be well defined, no light above the cutoff.

Having projectors already in your housing would definitely make the retrofit a bit easier.

I hate the lights on my tacoma when I'm out in the back country. I can't see anything about 150 feet in front of me and can not see much of anything at all when in hilly parts of the state due to a major cut off. Probably good that it exists though since half the people on the road flash their lights at it when I've got the low beams on.

Evan

Dunno, but I JUST saw the car like 20 minutes ago on campus view and its lookin sexay :thumbup:

haha yeahi was going to this girls house over there. im guessing your the one with plates that sad "K20 FTW"??? :D

more pictures and possibly video to come. the shitty weather is coming in hard :mad:

haha yeahi was going to this girls house over there. im guessing your the one with plates that sad "K20 FTW"??? :D

more pictures and possibly video to come. the shitty weather is coming in hard :mad:

Haha yes that was me, in my completely stock Type-S with cocky plates. I just figured if I ever do do something drastic to it, I might as well get dibs on the plate while I can. Is it just me though, or do pictures always really distort the color of HID's? It seems to me like the color is greatly enhanced when you take pictures or video of them.