Edmunds finally gets one right

TTQ B4U

I like her too....I just wish they would use more of a CTS-V style mesh for the front vs Pontiac Honeycomb. Bang for the buck, she's hard to beat. Can't wait for the more powerful 6spd version. I'm seriously considering extending my lease 6mos in hopes it will arrive by early 09. Yeah.....I got a woody going on now..... :p

That is a good looking car.

Considering I've run fairly consistant 13.8's......not at all. I do however feel it's a huge band aid that's getting me by until I find what I really want.

Funny thing is several of the MBZ and BMW and import owners at my work all kinda roll their eyes and give me the Pontiac chuckle....to which I kinda laugh along..but when they get in and see all the creature features and get rubbed the right way by suede inserted CTS-V seats as I show them how she'll slide sideways on the highway breaking loose in 2nd gear at 65mph....they begin to take notice of the power and pulling ability she has, especially up top.

then when they see me at a light coming back from lunch and the only one that can put up a decent run is a 335 owner, they all say "holy shit!" and even that 335 isn't but a neck to a length in front depending on how far we run.

All in all, not bad for a slightly dated V8 powered fun mobile driven by the front wheels. :D Laugh all they want as I know that something truely wicked this way comes :lol:

Were you OK with them calling the GXP "Laughable"? (That had to hurt.

I like the GXP - must mean this new car is all that they say.

I certainly understand your poke and well put ;)

However, the folks at Edmunds must have fired the group who tested the GXP because they really were dumb asses about things.

Taken from their review of my ride: These statements are truly laughable.

"Oddly enough, the GXP's wheels measure 18-by-8 inches in front and 18-by-7 inches in back and the 255/45R18 front tires are fatter than the 225/50R18 rears. Usually it's the other way around, and the combo simply looks strange....We think Pontiac's engineers should leave their computer terminals for the test track every once in a while. "

They must have never tt. the folks at Bonduraunt to fully understand the capabilities of the car and how it ran within tenths of the G35 on the track. "not getting" staggard tires and how they would be set up on a FWD is pretty lame for folks supposedly testing a car.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0506_front_rear_allwheel_drive/index.html

" laying into it from a dead stop, even with GXP's traction control turned on, results in immediate wheelspin, which slows the Grand Prix's acceleration. "

hmmm...I wonder if they truly understand how Traction Control is supposed to work...and that you turn it off or it will slow the acceleration down as it's supposed to :rolleyes:

"Hammering the pedal at any speed causes the car to dart around like there's a drunk behind the wheel. "

What they are feeling is the TC and Torque Mgt. Turn them off and there's no pull other than wheel slippage if you burn them up...key is NOT to do that in a full out performance run anyway...unless tire smoke and squealing is seen is cool :confused:

The performance numbers they got out of it are pretty pathetic too. I would have to fail miserably to pull down a 14.6 quarter mile run. My worst time, the first time at the track with her was a 14.0 with a 2.6 60ft.

They simply don't like US Born Pontiac.

For once I agree you with..and I quote:

" laughable Grand Prix GXP"

:p