New Pads on Old Rotors?

hpfiend

Hey all,

Anyone ever heard of putting new pads on rotors that have not been turned? A Honda dealership is telling my dad that it is fine as long as the pads have not gotten into the rotors and grooved them or if they are warped.

Thanks!

Andrew

no use spending extra money unless you got alot laying around and if thats the case us can send some my way.

But honestly there is no reason to have to buy new ones. on my R i have only turned my cars rotors once. but then again its only got 60,000 miles on it too.

Tech Tip: seasoned rotors stop better than new rotors. why? because of the smooth finish. when you machine the old rotors or install new rotors there is tiny cuts in the face called lands and vallys (per GM) and those take away from the surface contact area.

unless they are pulsating then you don't really need to turn them.

this tech tip has been brought to you by someone that knows what the fuck they are doing. void in the U.S. Virgin Islands, HI, Mexico, Canada, and small shit hole countrys. no purchase necessary, Tax in Mi, Oh, Md, Tx. void where prohibited.

LOL...doing it right is not replacing rotors everytime you put pads on.

ASE Master Collision Repair/Refinishing cert.

(does that count too in the e-cert battle)

yes but your e-penis is covered in body filler dust insted of greese.:)

looks like you dont know what Machine or turn means,

LOL...doing it right is not replacing rotors everytime you put pads on.

ASE Master Collision Repair/Refinishing cert.

(does that count too in the e-cert battle)

looks like you dont know what Machine or turn means,

Ha...

It would appear to me that you didnt catch the jist of this thread. He was speaking of replacing rotors everytime he replaced pads. You never in any of your post that I saw said anything about machining or turning rotors. You only said do it right from the start. To me that would be backing up "replacing rotors". Which is not doing it right.