got a new toy

4DAIVI PAI2K5

got me a garmin. and thought i would make a mount for the bike. going to run a power wire i got for it here in a couple days, not like i dont have till this spring be fore i get to ride again:(((( made a little "leash" for it incase it would pop off the mount for some reason

n623625010_2247081_6363.jpg

n623625010_2247083_6775.jpg

n623625010_2247085_4826.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah an man they are so fun i take it everywhere just to play with it haha. its sweet cuz u can downlaod voices and vehicles for it. right now i got a tank, r/c car, motorcycle, race car, airplane, monster truck and a couple others and a bitsh lady telling me where to go haha. on main roads it tells u speed limits and when u set a destanation if gives u est. arrival time. its just a great tech toy!

121 shipped from www.tigerdirect.com nuvi205 took only a couple days to get here!

i ebayed a 2nd mount and the wire for the bike and also the usb cable for like 20 total

also sweet siggy which one are u?

front one, second guy is paskey on here. I might have to look into one for that price. Would this unit work in a car also or just on the bike?

works for both. i have the suction cup mount and cig charger in the car, then the got a mount and "bare wire cable" i think thats the name for it. its a 4-5 ft wire with a fuse or something in it so u can charge it from the battery or fuse block for the bike. i only used the little ball part of the mount to fab. the mount on the bike as u can see from the pic.

can you post a link of the mount and wire you ordered?

i have a magellan gps (figured i should just use it instead of ordering another just for my bike)

i like where you mounted yours, the only thing i worry is that i doubt my gps is waterproof. (i already attempted to mount mine under my windscreen, but it just didn't seem to fit anywhere)

can you post a link of the mount and wire you ordered?

i have a magellan gps (figured i should just use it instead of ordering another just for my bike)

i like where you mounted yours, the only thing i worry is that i doubt my gps is waterproof. (i already attempted to mount mine under my windscreen, but it just didn't seem to fit anywhere)

this is the mount i got all i used from it was the section that has the ball on it. and fab the rest out of alum. angel iron.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110303758064

an this is the wire i got to power it so i dont have to worry about the battery going dead on me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110294887560

i have a tomtom one on my vtx, i love it i use a ram mount off my bars. I only wish i was able to pick the route i would like to take for when i would like to take certin rds. as for the power cable i have a battery tender on my bike and i bought the plug to plug into at walmart for $2 that way i only have one set of wires from the battery its not like i need to use them both at the same time.

i have a tomtom one on my vtx, i love it i use a ram mount off my bars. I only wish i was able to pick the route i would like to take for when i would like to take certin rds. as for the power cable i have a battery tender on my bike and i bought the plug to plug into at walmart for $2 that way i only have one set of wires from the battery its not like i need to use them both at the same time.

i almost bought a tomtom, but i opted to spend a few bucks more on the magellan. it got me a glare free screen and you can change your route if you don't want to go on certain roads.

i'm not sure if i'd want to fab something up

i already have a mount like that, that came with the gps

i'm wondering how velcro would work.. good or bad idea?

i just don't think i see what your mount does, does it swivel or something?

the mount that came with mine ( http://cgi.ebay.com/GARMIN-NUVI-260-270-350-360-ADJUSTABLE-SUCTION-MOUNT_W0QQitemZ190272607723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Electronics_CatchAll?hash=item190272607723&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 ) is only adjustable where it swivels on the ball. the mount i posted in the prev. post is adjustable on the neck it self and i figured i would be able to take it apart as the only pat i wanted was the ball section were the garmin clips to the mount. i dont trust taht a suction gup would hold it well and ive lost a garage door opener to velcro so i wasnt going to trust my garmin to it. as i said i only wanted the ball part of the mount which i then attached to the alum. peice that i fab. up i can angle the black section in the pic (ball part from the mount) left or right then the garmin can swivel on the ball itself to any angle. basically i just wanted somethign stable and out of the way of my view of the dash and out the screen while tucked, but still protected from the wind. (hopefully a few drops of rain before i can get it in my pocket)

i looked at the bar mounts but i dont think it would work on the clip-on of a sport bike with out hitting the front fairing when u turn the bars.

well.. i'm stumped.

the gps will just stick out way too far if i do it that way.

and it's too fat to stick under my windscreen.

what about mounting it by the brake res. or will it hit the fairings? or that wabout making a bracket that comes off one of the bolts that connect ur windscreen the the front fairing. with the bracket bending down. or is the fairing to flimsy??

what about mounting it by the brake res. or will it hit the fairings? or that wabout making a bracket that comes off one of the bolts that connect ur windscreen the the front fairing. with the bracket bending down. or is the fairing to flimsy??

i'll take another look tomorrow and let you know

well, as you can see, if i put it in the spot you did, it would just stand out too far

5jv38y.jpg

buttttt, the brake res. might work.

if i take the screw out on the side and put a longer on in, it might work. i think it's just a matter of how sturdy it will be and if i can see my tach/speedo with it there. it definitely won't fit up in the fairing anywhere. opinions???

13zqq02.jpg

2uyrspu.jpg

first things first sweet photoshop skills :D

when i first wanted to mount it to the bike my though was those 2 bolts that secure the front of the tank to the frame urs looks like it has a little more room then mine. take a peice of flat steel the width of those two bolts then drill hole for those to bolts then get some small steel spacers and weld them to the piece of steel on edge to were u can put the plastic mount between them and runa bolt to tighten it down. i would photo shop to explain better but i have no idea how the hell to work it haha

me photoshop? shiiiiiiit.

i use paint! hahahaha. basic of the basic.

so, you're saying to put something under these alan heads? then weld 2 things pointing up with 2 bolt holes that i can put the plastic piece in between?

2ce106a.jpg

2r2vgd0.jpg

Edited by brennan