selling a house without real estate agent

kirks5oh

anyone ever sold a house without a real estate agent. i'm moving to florida in july, and my brother is interested in buying my house. i'm not interested in giving money to a real estate agent. i'm assuming i should talk with my titling company, and maybe the bank where we have our home loan??

any advice would be appreciated.

It would probably be best to get a Lawyer or Real Estate Agent involved despite the money. It makes sure everything is legal and finalized and it sets everything in stone so that you have a leg to stand on. I have heard of way to many friends and family being torn apart over some small discrepency in a transaction. Honestly, between asking around and finding someone you know who is related to or knows an agent and the crappy market, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get things done alot cheaper then you expect. Think about it, the agent doesn't have to advertise the property or anything they just have to do some paper work and watch it exchange hands.

X2 on that. The market sucks. Just throw them a 1-2 pt deal for the time and I bet they will have a newbie bite on it.

It would probably be best to get a Lawyer or Real Estate Agent involved despite the money. It makes sure everything is legal and finalized and it sets everything in stone so that you have a leg to stand on. I have heard of way to many friends and family being torn apart over some small discrepency in a transaction. Honestly, between asking around and finding someone you know who is related to or knows an agent and the crappy market, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get things done alot cheaper then you expect. Think about it, the agent doesn't have to advertise the property or anything they just have to do some paper work and watch it exchange hands.

You don't have to use an agent. Get a 'for sale by owner' sign and toss in the yard. Save yourself 6%. Once you have a buyer, contact your mort company and find out how the loan gets paid off and then the title comp to figure out change of owner info.

My wife worked at For Sale By Owner for over 4 years. She can tell you exactly what you need. I'll have her post up when she gets home. You don't need a to have anyone else involved and you save a lot of money by doing it yourself.

You don't have to use an agent. Get a 'for sale by owner' sign and toss in the yard. Save yourself 6%. Once you have a buyer, contact your mort company and find out how the loan gets paid off and then the title comp to figure out change of owner info.

Just saw this. Yup, he's right.

If you have a good rep with your banking institution, they can help you. You can get county approved docs via the auditors office in your residing county. Once you have the docs, take them to your bank. You will need a notary.

My wife worked at For Sale By Owner for over 4 years. She can tell you exactly what you need. I'll have her post up when she gets home. You don't need a to have anyone else involved and you save a lot of money by doing it yourself.

Just saw this. Yup, he's right.

PM

thanks for the info guys. and it would be my brother buying the house. if he doesn't end up staying in columbus, then i would put it up for sale with a real estate agent