So I'm going to be a pilot

supldys

The results of this years pilot board finally came out on Thursday, and I was one of the lucky ones. A lot goes into getting picked, like your grades, physical fitness test, commander's ranking, ranking at field training, etc. But I came out on top. So in a year when I finally finish school I'm heading out to the United States Air Force Undergraduate Pilot Training. To fly one of these bad boys:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/t6two.jpg

Congrats man! My biggest regret is not trying to do better in school instead of breezing my way through. Since I was a kid, I'd wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force, but let my parents convince me to go another route with my life.

Oh well. Plan B is to make enough money to buy a ViperJet so I can have my own. :lol: We'll see how that works out.

Congratulations! Military is the way to go if you don't have the cash to go the civilian route or you want the opportunity to travel the world. Which track do you hope to take; fighter/bomber, airlift/tanker, or multi/turboprop? My cousin graduated UPT about a year ago, and is now flying C-130s in Germany. It'll definitely be an experience for you.

I'm a flight instructor. Let me know if you want to go up sometime just to mess around and see what it is like.

Is that what they start you out in?

Yup, the T-6 Texan, everybody calls it a little sportscar because its so small but can do like 400mph.

I want to go fighter/bobmer and eventually go the B1/B2 track. But we'll see, I would really love fighters but I gotta convince the wife.

haha and Im not a hermit, I'm just still driving in my sister's little weak mazda because im broke.

The results of this years pilot board finally came out on Thursday, and I was one of the lucky ones. A lot goes into getting picked, like your grades, physical fitness test, commander's ranking, ranking at field training, etc. But I came out on top. So in a year when I finally finish school I'm heading out to the United States Air Force Undergraduate Pilot Training. To fly one of these bad boys:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/t6two.jpg

Congratufuckinglations Jono!!!!!

You sure have grown up since the days of the potato launcher. :D

Ohh great another pilot to hear complain... j/k man congrats. If you go B1 you will be either here at Ellsworth or in Texas at Dyess. I will say though the B1 is a bad ass bomber they did a demonstration for our air show here and man for being a big bomber that sucker can flat out move! If you want to go the fighter route but the wife insist on a bomber, the B1 would be your plane.

I'm getting married this summer

I dont know which base im going to yet for UPT, I do the dreamsheet in 2 weeks, but I probably wont find out until late summer.

I hear vance has one of the best towns near the base, good for family's.

Whiting field is mostly navy, so they leave us air force guys alone most of the time which is nice.

Moody is no longer a UPTbase which is a bummer.

Laughlin, dont really know much about it.

and columbus, which I hear is in the middle of nowhere mississippi with nasty humidity (which I dont think my st. bernard will love too much)

Howd you like it?

All of the UPT bases are in the middle of no where really.... :p

Honestly, Columbus isn't a bad time and you are going married so that will be good. Otherwise, the pilot chasers get pretty annoying. It’s only an hour or so from Memphis, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, etc. so you can have fun on weekends or cross countries. Otherwise, its normal small town stuff like the other bases.

Vance isn't bad but it's Oklahoma. Not much different from Columbus MS really.... ;)

I didn't realize you could go to Whiting anymore, I thought they axed that for AF.

Moody is a damn good time but not an option anymore.... :(

I would be damn sure to put Laughlin down as your last choice. If you think Mississippi humidity is bad, you've seen nothing compared to Mexico, I mean Laughlin. That’s dirty…dirty…South West Texas… :eek:

It’s like anything else, any assignment is what you make it. You can have fun anywhere but if you are a home body that just bitches you'll hate everyplace. Take the wife and get out of town once and a while and you'll be fine.... :cool: