How does one run out of gas?

TimTaylor751647545500

I don't understand how this happens. Granted, I've come close a few times when I've decided to go just one more exit, but never have. My girlfriend was talking to her sister on the phone today and her sister ran out mid-conversation. This is the third time in less than 6 months. She wanted us to drive nearly to Springfield to help her out, but she just used her AAA instead. Kicker is, she keeps a gas can in her trunk (guess it's empty).

I've run out of gas once in every car I've ever owned (except the 3, so far.) I always think I can push it one more mile, or I'm in a hurry, etc. Then I learn my lesson. Although, to be fair, once I ran out of gas on the way to the gas station.

You know what I think is really stupid is the people that only put $5-10 in the tank every day and have to get gas the next day. Even when gas prices are good, they still throw $5-10 in and run on E all day, knowing approx how many miles they got after the gas light comes on.

I know too many of these people.

You know what I think is really stupid is the people that only put $5-10 in the tank every day and have to get gas the next day. Even when gas prices are good, they still throw $5-10 in and run on E all day, knowing approx how many miles they got after the gas light comes on.

I know too many of these people.

U know some stupid people... :D

I ran out once as I pulled into a gas station. No shit....was in my company minivan & stalled at Shell at the corner of Sawmill and Snouffer. I was on the phone coming back from a business trip, and never looked until I noticed the car was running rough at the off ramp. Saw the needle past the "E" and the empty line. Thankfully I made the left turn light and made it off the main road. :eek:

I had a 1990 Civic hatch, and tried to drive overnight in February from my parents' house in Northern VA to my Grandparents' house off of Schrock. The trip was 412 miles, and I found the maximum range of my Civic was 396. I ran out of gas 1/2 mile from the Pataskala exit on 70 at 2:00 in the morning. To add insult to injury, it started to snow while I was walking to the gas station.

I ran out twice. Once I was hung-over and not paying attention (that sucked). The other time I was in a hurry to get some where and didn’t want to stop for gas. I ended up running out of gas right across the street from a gas station. It was kind of funny having to wait at the light with a bright ass red gas can then cross the street, fill it up and wait at the light again, just to walk across the street to fill it up. If I was driving by or at that intersection I would have laughed at myself. I’m pretty sure that irony at its best.