Favorite drives?

Bigbird

Hey guys, simple question. What are your favorite roads to drive around Columbus? I'm talking anything other than a straight line lol, and anything with remotely nice scenery. I woke up today and saw that it was relatively nice and decided I would go for a cruise.

Usually I try to go down old 315 cause its got some nice curves etc, and then branch of and just kind of explore back roads. But there was just too damn much traffic.

So where do you guys go, and when?

Seems like all of the good roads are really busy in recent years. Can't think of the last time I got a clean run up old 315 even early morning without catching traffic.

Heck...can't even go out and catch a good cloverleaf too often without running into traffic.

I do enjoy an early morning blast from 23S > 270W > 315S. It's a short stretch but can be rather fun. Turn around at 161 and come back the opposit direction and do the full cloverleaf at 270 & 23 \END.

Andy

northern 315 and various roads in Delaware county. have you tried south sanction line road, its right off of home road. There are some really nice hills that if you try, you can get air off of them.

That is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard. But hell, if I drove a 96' Civic I would ramp it too I guess.

northern 315 and various roads in Delaware county. have you tried south sanction line road, its right off of home road. There are some really nice hills that if you try, you can get air off of them.

Remind me to never buy a car from you.

I call it Airport Rd. Its the road off of Hamilton Rd behind the Airport. Very twisty, a small straight and some other good twisties. Not to trafficed but you have to be careful. My usualy test drive rd at byers.

Noebixby is alright too, but heavy traffic.

I call it Airport Rd. Its the road off of Hamilton Rd behind the Airport. Very twisty, a small straight and some other good twisties. Not to trafficed but you have to be careful. My usualy test drive rd at byers.

Noebixby is alright too, but heavy traffic.

I drive through the tunnels and make whatever car I'm in go rooooaaaarrrrwhoooooo! :woowoo: :woowoo:

I like the drive on 62 from Utica to Berlin (Amish Country). I normally travel it early in the morning so there isn't a lot of traffic. Lots of hills and corners.

Also the drive into the Old Man's Cave area off 33.

Yep, 62 gets pretty twisty up there. U.S. 22 gets good east of 77 torwards New Philly and into Wintersville. 555 between Athens and Marietta is twisty as hell also.

Many roads around Hocking hills are awesome, I camp there about every other weekend in the summer, so I know it pretty well. I did have a friend crash his S4 there though, so be careful the first time you try somewhere. Lots of blind turns/hills etc.

P.S. - Car and Driver tests here from time to time, and their home office in Michigan. They think it's worth the drive :)

Remind me to never buy a car from you.

That is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard. But hell, if I drove a 96' Civic I would ramp it too I guess.

I don't do that with my car. The hills are nice and all, but I don't want to ruin my car. I have gotten airborne with my friend driving, but not with my car.

Headley's Mill Rd. out near Pataskala is nice, but the cop who lives on that road occasionally patrols up it, and it's starting to get some rough patches again.

Hmm...Boy's Industrial School Rd, that runs out of Lancaster back up towards the prison has some pretty fun stretches...especially the nasty little curves right below the entrance.

1.) State Route 541 out of Coschocton Is one of my personal favorites for the bike.

2.) Route 666 from Zanesville to Dresden. The road is kinda rough, but it's twisty as hell and I rarely have to deal with anyone getting in the way.

3.) Route 800. Good scenery and generally a low traffic road with a lot of good corners.

These might be a little far away from columbus but They're well worth it if you want a good drive. :cool:

I like the road that I live on. White Gravel Road off of St.Rt.335 in Southern Ohio. MrAutoX and I were actually just talking about that the other day. It's a very long twisty road. Early morning is the best time to drive it.