My fiancée outdid herself my my birthday yesterday!

Nitrousbird

I worked all day, to come back to her condo for my b-day. Last year, she went overboard with a Sony 400 Disc DVD changer, several bottles of booze, T-shirts, some other small stuff, and a nice dinner at Hyde Park in Upper Arlington.

This year:

- 245 piece Craftsman tool kit. It is the fitted kit w/ the slide out trays that have a spot for everything. Exactly what I wanted; she even got the laser etched version. My roomate is purchasing a house and will be moving out soon, with most of the tools being his, so I really need this!

-One of Fossil's nicer watches, something I've been in need of, and the model I've been looking at.

- Bottle of Whiskey, and a bottle of Brandy

- 1.5L bottle of Heineken; looks like a Champagne bottle.

- 7-piece Vodka set (we like to drink, lol)

- Beer glasses like the ones I got her for X-mas, since I like them so well

- Brookstone hose sprayer w/ soap dispenser. Nice quality unit; she said it has gotten great reviews online, and something I wanted

- Boxers, Altoids, Cheez-Its, and a couple lotions (I need them...no one would ever say I have girly hands).

THEN, she takes me out to a nice dinner at Hyde Park at the Cap...much nicer than the Upper Arlington one. Had a couple of steaks with a German Riesling we both like.

Afterwords, we went to a wine place in Grandview, and sat down to a bottle of Shiraz...a not-too dry one, but bit of a slow drinking bottle.

I was highly impressed. I was highly impressed with last year's, and this year's was even better. I couldn't ask for a better woman to marry!

What does she expect in return tho?

Nothing. She never does.

She doesn't start arguments, put stress on me, or act like some silly broad. She always admits that she would make an aweful boyfriend, as she doesn't have tollerance for your average girly BS. But she isn't Tom-boyish either. I just lucked out and found a woman that is a logical thinker; a rarity I've discovered.

I did discover that they shipped me two 5mm sockets, and no 5.5mm, so I had to shoot off and e-mail to Sears about that problem. We also exchanged my watch for a different one, as we looked at some when we took it in to get sized, and found one we liked better she hadn't seen.

Hell, I dated a chick for 5 years, and another for 3, and never even took a side glance at getting a ring. Yet in a year and 5 months, I proposed to Janet. I'm uber cautious about this stuff; I don't ever want to deal with a divorce. Luckily, in case that would happen, she insists on a pre-nump. :D