-100 for Dan Tobin Service Managers

TTQ B4U

Dan Tobin Service Sucks: Not a rant on their techs....I actually feel sorry for them.

They need to learn how to run a dual shift service dept. is the bottom line. :finger: There was no sense in me bringing my leaking water pump in at 5pm on Wednesday night if they weren't going work on it during the day Thursday. their "Serivce open until midnight" does me no good....so from now on don't pump that shit up my ass you fucks. :doh:

My GXP sat their from 5pm Wednesday until 9:30pm last night when I called to get a status, without being touched. It's sitting there all day today waiting for the night crew to come in at 4pm and finish it up. :rolleyes::nono:

Here's a tip to them: Don't start or put a customer in a spot like that with limited options if you can't finish the damn thing! :slap: and don't tout late night service if it's going to mean my car sits there 2x as long as it would if I just brought it to a single shift shop! :mad:

Finishing it up tonight does me no good either as I'm not going to be able to pick up until Friday! One would think they would have explained that to me so I could have just brought it in at 7am, had the day crew begin and finish it so I could pick it up before 5-6pm. :rolleyes:

Sorry to rant, but I'm sorry, at least at Immke Honda, they actually worked at night and finished up my car when it was in there for somethign. Hell, the service manager even arranged to have it delivered back to me at night thus accomodating my family and kids at home.

I'm seriously considering NOT getting a G8 simply becuase the service around here is for the shit. I thought I hated the sales guys at Dan Tobin but didn't realize the same mentality level runs through the service mangers too. :thumbdown Fuck, I do hope the quailty is better. Especially considering my GXP has been in the shop twice for Two Major Quality issues and it's only got 14,000 miles on it!

Rant off but I still can't help but say FUCK! Dan Tobin again. I'd sooner give my money to the import companies than support his failed group of idiots.

When i worked at Graham Ford a few years back in their service dept I honestly wondered why more people didnt have the same views and complaints you did. there was two shifts but the second shift only worked 12-9pm. So of course, if a tech on the second shift were to start work on a car they are the ones who are suppose to finish said work. Regardless of the customer's schedule or convenience. I understand its easier for the dealership to keep track of work hours for each tech, after all if its a job that pays 3.4 hours and two techs do it how are you suppose to split up who gets how much of that 3.4 and what if theres a discrepency about who actually did more work... its a headache. But none of this should effect the customer on his/her level. Its one thing I never understood about service dept's, then again maybe it was just the one I was in for a short period of time.

oh.. so what ended up happening with your car? Im sure if you climb high enough on the ladder (service manager, then GM, then partial owner or possibly a GM rep) you will get what you want. We personally delivered a customer's Explorer to Grove City because he happened to have a conversation with one of the owner's about his service. Works everytime.

I dropped it off on Wed and asked for a rental car then but was denied. AGain, I understand GM"s policy, but I called this one. Ended up having to come back Thursday night for the car (PIA). They called me at 10pm Thursday night to say it's done.

Big fucking deal, I can't walk my ass up there at night and sure wasn't going to load my family in the car to make the trip. So I hauled a bunch of trash to the dumpsters in their rental SUV and picked it up on Friday morning.

Overall, screw the G8 IMO. I drove a Trailblazer SS and a BMW since. Didn't care for the TBSS though.

When i worked at Graham Ford a few years back in their service dept I honestly wondered why more people didnt have the same views and complaints you did. there was two shifts but the second shift only worked 12-9pm. So of course, if a tech on the second shift were to start work on a car they are the ones who are suppose to finish said work. Regardless of the customer's schedule or convenience. I understand its easier for the dealership to keep track of work hours for each tech, after all if its a job that pays 3.4 hours and two techs do it how are you suppose to split up who gets how much of that 3.4 and what if theres a discrepency about who actually did more work... its a headache. But none of this should effect the customer on his/her level. Its one thing I never understood about service dept's, then again maybe it was just the one I was in for a short period of time.

oh.. so what ended up happening with your car? Im sure if you climb high enough on the ladder (service manager, then GM, then partial owner or possibly a GM rep) you will get what you want. We personally delivered a customer's Explorer to Grove City because he happened to have a conversation with one of the owner's about his service. Works everytime.

Who did you deal with up there? I've been using them for 6 years and only had something like that happen once. If they cant get to it the same night they tell me right there on the spot. I still take my TA up there to have the oil changed just to stop in and talk to the people that work there. They always call to survey you afterwards and usually bend over backwards since that survey means a lot as far as incentives and what not for them (or at least thats what I was told). I guess I also go in around 7p-12a so it may be an entirely different shift of people.

I'm going up there in a week. If you want me to lift up your concerns let me know...

thanks for the offer, but I'm letting it go. nothing they can do now. they should have just let me rent the car and reimbursed me afterwards. it's no big deal as I wouldn't pay for the rental until I retuned it, so their PO would have covered the costs....or before that they should have just said to bring it in on Thursday morning thus a tech could have worked on it and finished it in a single shift.

what really gets me is they just stand their with a blank look like they have no options or care.

glad they take care of you though.

Who did you deal with up there? I've been using them for 6 years and only had something like that happen once. If they cant get to it the same night they tell me right there on the spot. I still take my TA up there to have the oil changed just to stop in and talk to the people that work there. They always call to survey you afterwards and usually bend over backwards since that survey means a lot as far as incentives and what not for them (or at least thats what I was told). I guess I also go in around 7p-12a so it may be an entirely different shift of people.

I'm going up there in a week. If you want me to lift up your concerns let me know...

This is terrible.

I seriously can't imagine being treated like that.

My typical service experience:

Me: Hello, need to bring car in for service

Them: Cool, when would be convenient for you?

Me: Today/tomororw

Them: Sounds great, we'll have a car waiting for you

Me: drops off car and gets in free rental audi/vw ect with no restrictions. Or browse their rental inventory if I need an SUV ect.

:cool:

you know since its a GM you can go to any GM dealer. i happen to work at one in whitehall, kinda a drive for you but you know the guy that would be working on it and chances are i could have got you in a rental.

follow AJ to what ever shop he's at. you can't go wrong.,