anyone in for CCW class? next weekend?

evan9381

... I were a police officer I would be a little more on edge knowing that the driver may be carrying......

Look at the other half of the glass. If you were that cop, and found out the guy was armed because he verbally told you and presented you his valid license, wouldn't you feel more comfortable that this guy is:

-law abiding

-passed an extensive back round check

-(should be) holding himself to a higher standard than most citizens

-is honest

????

As for getting pulled over; I've heard most folks get OUT of tickets due to havin a CCW. Reason being: You get pulled over, cop walks up, you say something to the effect of, 'Sir, I am a licenced CCW permit holder and I am carrying today. How would you like to procede?'. Right then and there, you've gotten on his good side by showing him you have nothing to hide and you're looking out for him. Cop likes you, and you have a better chance of getting off.

i dont necessarily agree with that. One my way home on a friday night around 1am, i was stopped by OSP. his reason for stopping me was because i was swerving down a highway; legit reason to stop me, but, i had dropped my cell phone on the floor and was trying to find it, causing me to swerve. I told him that I wasn't carrying when he approached my car, just so he felt more at ease. His reply of "ok good" kind of threw me through a loop. I know i didn't have to justify anything to him, but i informed him i worked in the pententiary and that i've ran into a couple shit bags on the street, and that me having a CCW if for my protection, as well as his. he just kind of looked at me confused, but i don't expect OSP to know a lot about that kind of thing.

i dont necessarily agree with that. One my way home on a friday night around 1am, i was stopped by OSP. his reason for stopping me was because i was swerving down a highway; legit reason to stop me, but, i had dropped my cell phone on the floor and was trying to find it, causing me to swerve. I told him that I wasn't carrying when he approached my car, just so he felt more at ease. His reply of "ok good" kind of threw me through a loop. I know i didn't have to justify anything to him, but i informed him i worked in the pententiary and that i've ran into a couple shit bags on the street, and that me having a CCW if for my protection, as well as his. he just kind of looked at me confused, but i don't expect OSP to know a lot about that kind of thing.

This goes along with turning on the dome light, and rolling the window's down from the direction the officer approaches. I've always done this more as a gesture to him to put him at ease that im not a 'threat'. If I act like I have something to hide or act uncooperative then I'll be more likely to get hassled. I keep my papers in my glovebox and everytime they ask I let them know before hand where they're located. Its simple gesture's like this that get you on his good side. Ive gotten out of a few tickets simple because I was polite and cordial, and of course received tickets that i rightfully deserved aswell.