New car shopping

gaewsky1

I'm shopping for a new car due to getting a really low interest rate and having some cash from selling my bike. My question is I was going to put the money towards paying down my loan or should I take the car for a trade in and give the dealer the cash. The negative equity rolled into the new car should be offset by the cash given to the dealer.

Or is it just a wash being the same either way. Im shopping this weekend so I won't have time to get to the bank to pay down on my current loan. Hopefully this makes sense.

it's a wash as they will handle it. don't say shit about cash in hand until you're ready to go into finance. let them work you as if you're upside down. nothing, say nothing until you're in the F&I office. you can calc. the savings of money down easily. let me know if you're looking to lease or buy, new or used.

I'm shopping for a new car due to getting a really low interest rate and having some cash from selling my bike. My question is I was going to put the money towards paying down my loan or should I take the car for a trade in and give the dealer the cash. The negative equity rolled into the new car should be offset by the cash given to the dealer.

Or is it just a wash being the same either way. Im shopping this weekend so I won't have time to get to the bank to pay down on my current loan. Hopefully this makes sense.

I'm looking at either a used 2007 with low mileage or a 2008. Possibly an Accord or Altima V6's.

I really wanted a 2007 Charger R/T with Road and Track package under 20,000miles, but that is hard to find. If anyone has any leads let me know.

If anyone is interested in financing rates, Kemba CU for the next week is having 4.75% financing up to 84 months if needed.

I really wanted a 2007 Charger R/T with Road and Track package under 20,000miles, but that is hard to find. If anyone has any leads let me know.

If anyone is interested in financing rates, Kemba CU for the next week is having 4.75% financing up to 84 months if needed.

I was looking at a Charger too. There was one at a Carmax in NC, black on black, Charger RT, navigation, fully loaded, with less than 1,000 miles on it.. I kicked my self for not checking it out sooner.

I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a new car.... I am succeeding so far. Good luck on the hunt.

Are you going to trade your current car? Or pay down the loan and sell outright? One thing you have to look at is if you trade in the current vehicle it will offset some of the taxes on the new purchase. If you sell outright, that offset is lost.