Anyone on here know Buick Regal T-Types?

hpfiend

Hey all,

Someone has offered me a White 1987 Buick Regal T-type all stock with 87,000 original miles on it, supposedly has a factory "black-out" kit on it, and only needs some sort of bumper fill-ins on the front and rear. Paint is original and nice with few touch-ups and interior is grey and mint.

He has offered me this car and 5,000 cash for my 90 blown, h/c/i 5.0 Coupe- anyone know what these cars are worth? I would only be interested in it to resell and use the cash+proceeds to put towards a vette...

I am thinking fire-sale worth too- worst case scenario....

Thanks!

Andrew

From g-body.org:

"At the risk of ruffling feathers of some, I'll try and clarify the "Turbo T" package as Buick marketed it in 1987. Despite Buick dropping the T-Type designation for 1987, all the cosmetic and suspension options common to the T-Type were made available for any 1987 Regal with the standard 3.8-Liter V6. They did this by offering a "T" Package (option code Y56). This "T" Package consisted of the Touring Suspension; Leather wrapped Sport Steering Wheel, Turbo aluminum wheels, Eagle GT Tires, Fast Ratio Power Steering, Gas Shocks, and "T" ornamentation. For those who also wanted the black trim from the previous T-Type model, Buick offered the Exterior Sport Package (option code WO2). The WO2 option was available on any Regal, regardless of the engine.

Now, if you wanted a Regal with a turbo engine, you ordered the "Turbo Package" (option LC2). This package automatically included the "T" package (but not the WO2 Package). What you ended up with was a Regal with the "Turbo" and "T" Packages. Many have chose to call these cars "Turbo T's". However, no where in Buick's literature was there ever any mention of the term "Turbo T" until Buick released Product Information Bulletin 87-031 on November 15, 1986 entitled "Regal WE4 Turbo "T" Package. This bulletin announced the release of the WE4 as a "Special Turbo T Package" and made numerous references to the term Turbo T as unique to the WE4. Here is a direct quote from this bulletin: "The WE4 Turbo 'T' Package will enable you to merchandise a car that is similar in appearance, and yet lighter in weight, than today's Grand National. This reduction in weight theoretically makes the Turbo T faster than a Grand National, and for a lower price."

So, a 1987 Turbo Regal, without the WE2, Grand National or WE4 Turbo T option packages, really had no unique name. It was merely a Regal with the Turbo Package or a Turbo Regal, if you will. Now, having said all that, it certainly is no great sin to call a Turbo Regal a "Turbo T" because it's convenient to do so. It's just not technically correct." --RK

Hey all,

Someone has offered me a White 1987 Buick Regal T-type all stock with 87,000 original miles on it, supposedly has a factory "black-out" kit on it, and only needs some sort of bumper fill-ins on the front and rear. Paint is original and nice with few touch-ups and interior is grey and mint.

He has offered me this car and 5,000 cash for my 90 blown, h/c/i 5.0 Coupe- anyone know what these cars are worth? I would only be interested in it to resell and use the cash+proceeds to put towards a vette...

I am thinking fire-sale worth too- worst case scenario....

Thanks!

Andrew

Without seeing the car and knowing state of how it runs, it could be easily worth $9K-$13K. Bumper fillers are a couple of hundred dollars and at 20 yrs old they deteriorate. I am not sure how much you are trying to get towards a downpayment but the Turbo Regals will not go down in value anytime soon given there is a limited number of vehicles left. If it is a WE-4, the value is higher. There were only about 1500 made. They were a Regal with the LC2 engine and a black out package. Very desirable! Since it is white it is not a WE-4. If you are trying to get the car to to sell it then you may want to look at some of the Buick boards to see what they are going for. Turbobuick.com, Turbobuicks.com, T6P.com, GNTTYPE.org.

If you place an ad at these sites then the guys inquiring will have very specific questions about the car and they know what they are looking for but they know the value too so if it is a car in good condition and tune you are just preaching to the choir.

BTW - why trade the Turbo Regal for a Vette. Mine is quicker than those, has A/C and gets 23mpg (unless I am high under boost). Can't take one a road course though ;)

I can get you more specific info if you need, but need more specific info on the car would help too. ~Remember all Grand National are stock :burn:

From g-body.org:

Allthatshitbysomeguy.jpg

Can be summed up in,

1984-1986 = T-Type

1987 = Turbo-T

It doesn't matter. Need pics of the car to tell you what it's worth, and I don't know what fox bodies are selling for these days - so tell me what your car is worth to you and I'll give you my opinion of his car.

Hell, if you don't trade him, I'm looking for a white WO2 car so I might swoop it.

Post more info.

/residentturboregalelitist

I know nothing about the car and it is out of state...

My coupe 5.0 can be parted out for 10 grand. I am currently asking 12 for it. It is extremely fast and daily driveable and reliable. Having met my goals of low 12s (do not want to put a roll bar in it), and still being daily driveable I am bored with it, and am looking for something that handles better like a vette to try autox/road racing with.

I am not interested in keeping a turbo buick of any sort as it would be a liability to me as I know nothing about them and I am pulling back from drag racing a bit... I was just asking what it would be worth so I can get some cash out of it for a vette.

I will ask the guy for pictures- details-

Thanks!

I know nothing about the car and it is out of state...

My coupe 5.0 can be parted out for 10 grand. I am currently asking 12 for it. It is extremely fast and daily driveable and reliable. Having met my goals of low 12s (do not want to put a roll bar in it), and still being daily driveable I am bored with it, and am looking for something that handles better like a vette to try autox/road racing with.

I am not interested in keeping a turbo buick of any sort as it would be a liability to me as I know nothing about them and I am pulling back from drag racing a bit... I was just asking what it would be worth so I can get some cash out of it for a vette.

I will ask the guy for pictures- details-

Thanks!

IMO it sounds like about a ~$10k car, but it's hard to tell without pics.

The factory paint leaves a lot to be desired, to say the least. Some of the better kept cars look pretty good still with factory paint, but those are normally the ones that hide out in a garage their whole life.

Let me know what you hear about pics...