Truckers going on strike?

Casper

At $4/gallon these days I don't blame them. I'm skeptical of it hapening as they've always talked about doing this and this article is based solely on their chatter, though the prices may of finally pushed them over the edge when your paying over $600 a tank!!

At $4/gallon these days I don't blame them. I'm skeptical of it hapening as they've always talked about doing this and this article is based solely on their chatter, though the prices may of finally pushed them over the edge when your paying over $600 a tank!!

$600 MORE per tank.

$600 MORE per tank.

Diesel prices are hovering around $4 a gallon, forcing truckers to spend $600 to $700 or more to fill up one tank.

Reading comprehension > you ;)

But yeah, that sucks. I was kicking around the idea of becoming a trucker. Though I doubt I'd go private.

People don't seem to grasp the concept that higher oil prices are a result of inflation. Since congress has given the Federal Reserve MORE power, they will continue to cut interest rates and print more money to temporarily fix this stock market situation. The government has already bailed out a bunch of crooks that gave themselves over 30 Billion in bonuses just this past January. Striking truckers will only raise the costs of commodities...

The 2nd great depression is coming, 1 in 10 are already on food stamps... It's just a matter of time before the breadlines start to form.

What this means for most of you 19 - 20 somethings? Daddy's will lose his paper pushing middle man job and you'll have to sell your Mustang/Corvette/STI/Evo. Waa Waa.

It's ok though, the world always needs ditch diggers.

• Confused 1

People don't seem to grasp the concept that higher oil prices are a result of inflation.

Proof? How come the price of my bread hasn't gone up $2.00 in the past 5 years if it is inflation? So i can go sell my Mustang for $14000 due to inflation right?

Where is this logic coming from and why are oil companies seeing trillion dollar profit numbers if it is simply inflation?

:confused:

Proof? How come the price of my bread hasn't gone up $2.00 in the past 5 years if it is inflation? So i can go sell my Mustang for $14000 due to inflation right?

Where is this logic coming from and why are oil companies seeing trillion dollar profit numbers if it is simply inflation?

+1

People don't seem to grasp the concept that higher oil prices are a result of inflation. Since congress has given the Federal Reserve MORE power, they will continue to cut interest rates and print more money to temporarily fix this stock market situation. The government has already bailed out a bunch of crooks that gave themselves over 30 Billion in bonuses just this past January. Striking truckers will only raise the costs of commodities...

The 2nd great depression is coming, 1 in 10 are already on food stamps... It's just a matter of time before the breadlines start to form.

What this means for most of you 19 - 20 somethings? Daddy's will lose his paper pushing middle man job and you'll have to sell your Mustang/Corvette/STI/Evo. Waa Waa.

Not too smart are you?

my dad is an independent truck driver and I know right now its very hard for him, he owns his own truck and flatbed, but subcontracts from landstar, he always said the winter times are always slow, but not as slow as the past years have been, not only the fuel prices , the econ has gone to shit, he was telling me, while searching for loads 500 mile rad of columbus ohio, there would be at any given time around 500-700 loads, for the last 12 months only 20-30 loads at a time, which is horrible for him because the prices per mile are sometimes the same as 3 years ago when the prices of fuel were in the 2$ range. he said the only good loads are running from the westcoast to FL areas now.

so if they can't get resonable gas prices they intend to block traffic by going 45mph? pretty dumb and will not get my support if they do.

go park their trucks and get another job and leave the innocent folks out of it.

I feel for them, but interfering with the rest of traffic isn't going to help their cause.

I take it you listened to a blurb of 610 this morning?

1 out of 10 in DETROIT are on food stamps is what was said

And they were talking to truckers yesterday and the majority of the independants they talked to locally said "hell no I'm not going on strike, as much as I can't afford the fuel, I REALLY can't afford to not work"

so if they can't get resonable gas prices they intend to block traffic by going 45mph? pretty dumb and will not get my support if they do.

go park their trucks and get another job and leave the innocent folks out of it.

I feel for them, but interfering with the rest of traffic isn't going to help their cause.

If their goal is to piss people off then this will work great!

More business for me.

Yep. More passenger rail/mass transit development, too. I'd love to be able to reliably hop on a train to a nearby city instead of driving. I'd even train to Chicago instead of flying.

Where exactly are you coming up with thise statistics?

And if inflation is so bad and a great depression happens, then people wont be able to sell thier cars, as no one will hvae any money to BUY them.. :rolleyes:

I take it you listened to a blurb of 610 this morning?

1 out of 10 in DETROIT are on food stamps is what was said

I read in the news this week that 1 in 10 Ohians are on food stamps, and 1 in 6 West Virginians.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/03/22/foodstamps.ART_ART_03-22-08_A1_NN9NE83.html?sid=101

http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/200803260077

Michigan is 1 in 8, NY 1 in 10

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/31/us/31foodstamps.html?ei=5065&en=0e6e07da47bbb747&ex=1207540800&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

No theyare seeing trillion dollar profits because oil consumption is higher than its ever been. The price of bread hasn't gone up but look at eggs, milk, ect. maybe you should go to the grocery store with your mom the next time she goes. You cannot sell your mustang with an inflation adjustment because people don't need your mustang to live. People don't consume 1 billion barrels of mustangs a day, get it?

Research the logic.

The Fed prints more paper money, which in reality is just debt.

The dollar is now worth less in world markets, i.e. Oil.

We now pay more dollars for the same amount of oil.

Don't talk down to me like some fucking shmuck. I don't really expect someone like you to understand this viewpoint. You're 20, your daddy pays for your mustang. When I was 20, I was still in college and I drove a broke ass S10, because that's all I could afford. On the internet you can try to back this up with "oh I work here, and I do this", but in reality it is not economically feasable for someone your age to be able to pay for; food, bills, rent, car payment, ect. so save it.

Where exactly are you coming up with thise statistics?

And if inflation is so bad and a great depression happens, then people wont be able to sell thier cars, as no one will hvae any money to BUY them.. :rolleyes:

Trust me, you'll be able to sell it. China will need scrap steel. Maybe you and Kevin R. can do some research and quit rolling your eyes.