Zero Bar = No more!!

Dr. Apex

Well, thanks to the BMV's huge hike in fees for customized plates I'm forced to retire my plate. The cost was going to be $78.xx from now till November for my custom plate on the Laser!! Unreal for only 8 months that the tags would cost that much. When I first got the plates they cost about that much for the whole year!! Back to regular old plates now... :(

:wtf:

I appreciate your concern!! :D

It's my first custom plate, though it's trivial I liked having it but it's just too damn expensive to keep around anymore. The idea behind it was when I first bought my turbo Laser and found out most people didn't seem to know the Lasers came in a turbo model, thus "Zero Bar" was born. To those who know dsms it was no sleeper but I surprised a few people with that car. My current n/a car looked nearly identical so I transferred it when I obtaind it.

Now it goes on the garge wall, and no thanks on party plates, my having a cdl wouldn't work out too well for me!!

What gets me about it is that you have to pay that price every year. Even if you are re-newing your personalized plate. I could see having it cost so much the 1st time, because they have to make it. But the second time they are doing nothing different then what they do with the standard plates. Oh well, that sucks.

Chris, that's a big part of it. Paying over $100 a year for tags gets to be too much, especially with the economy the way it is and I'm struggling because of it, obviously I'm not made of money like some people.

Pat, lol!! Yeah, the plates gone but the rest is the same and likely the gutting is going to a new level this year, the dash will probably go away, along with headlights, bumper supports, etc....

This isn't the first time I've heard people from other places say how obscene our plate fees are. $35 isn't a lot of money these days but it's a day of autocross or something or half a tank of gas in the Pathfinder!!

Aren't there some states that make you pay based on how much the car is worth? I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered reading that some states charge xx% of the value of the car for plates every year.

And Ben, I feel your pain. When I sold my talon and didn't renew TURBOED for the first time in 5 years, it was rough...