Going to get an LCD tv or something.

Buck531

School me. I've grown up with tube times (everyone has I think? ). The 32" tube I bought 1 1/2 years ago isn't cutting it.

Here's the catch. Something I guess around 40", decent, and must be either at Best Buy, Circuit shitty, or possibly HHgreg. I'd want to finance it and probably get the no intrest until 20xx.

HH gregg is going to be the best shot for prices/selection, they also have a pretty knowledgable staff and don't badger on the warranty.

i got a 40" sony LCD 1080P KDL-40v2500 for 1600 in june of last year and it still sells for 1200-1600 now-a-days. If you catch me on a day off i could help you pick one out.

I can give you a better answer as to what kind of lcd or other flat panel tv to buy if I know a little more info. Is it a bright room? And what kind of stuff will you be watching? Sports, movies, news, games? And do plan on hanging it on the wall?

I bought a 56" samsung DLP about 6 months ago and i am in love with it the picture is amazing...i watch blu ray and HD DVD's on it all the time i couldnt ask for a better size/quality for the money...the only downside to DLP or projo period is bulb replacements mine is 450 i think

im not sure what brand he got but with his discount, it was about 900$.

really though, he paid 400$ out of pocket because walmart paid him 500$ to relocate (urbana area to reynoldsburg), so he moved in with me, i signed something saying he was living here, they gave him 500$ cash (i was suprised it wasnt on a check or something) and he went and bought the tv like 2 days later. lol

I bought a 56" samsung DLP about 6 months ago and i am in love with it the picture is amazing...i watch blu ray and HD DVD's on it all the time i couldnt ask for a better size/quality for the money...the only downside to DLP or projo period is bulb replacements mine is 450 i think

The newer model DLP TVs are LED bulb, at least from samsung (which are the only one's i'd really recommend)

samsung's dlp is hard to beat. their lcd is prolly the best on the common market today. sonys are alright but their picture quality isnt as good in the lcds as samsung. if for sme reason i wasnt able to get a samsung i would go with sony. oh a third option that has not been mentioned in panasonic. like i said though samsng on top.

I hear Circuit city is goin out of business soon so if you finance it and they go out of business you might get it for free somehow.. Doubtful but there is alway a chance.

Yeah their earnings per share is -$2 and went from $19 P/S to $4.30 P/S

So if someone had a choice at picking up a TV at Best buy, Circuit Shitty, or HHgreg, which one would you get and why (oh.. for $1000 or so too).

Stated at the beginning of the thread. Needs to be from one of the above. Not Cosco, Wal Mart or K-mart.

And this wasn't much of a schooling thread. What about 1080I /P.. contrast, refresh rate? all that shit.

1080p is the best, i=interlaced and shit p=progressive and nice

contrast is going to be either Gray to Gray or White to White, should be on LCD/plasma at LEAST 800:1 static and 7000:1 dynamic. Newer LCDs and DLPs can get to 25,000:1 which is awesome.

refresh rate being Hz? DLP is going to have no lag or motion blur on the picture, great for games and action movies. LCD at 60Hz is going to be slow, nothing you will see if you aren't looking for it in movies, but for games it will make a difference. New LCDs are using 120Hz panels, where they flash two of the images really fast to simulate a faster refresh rate (or something, i read about it a while ago) in short, the effect works and it looks a lot sharper.

The only time 1080P will make a difference is on a larger screen (if you go 42" or larger) and on Blu Ray or HD DVD movies. NO channel broadcasts in 1080P and no one has any plans to anytime soon