My loan came through

ODoyle

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a big difference between buying a house on credit and buying cars on credit. One depreciates the other in most cases will appreciate. one is a necessity in life the other is a luxury. (I use the term luxury assuming you are over spending on a car when a cheap unit will provide the same function)

When you become a borrower of money you become the servant of the lender. My advice is to only buy cars you pay cash for.

I payed cash for my civic and my TSI...Im going out to carmax to drive another corvette today im trying to find a dealer with a reasonable GTO and im looking hard for a Cobra to test drive...I want to find an EVO also but they are hard to come by too

There is a big difference between buying a house on credit and buying cars on credit. One depreciates the other in most cases will appreciate. one is a necessity in life the other is a luxury. (I use the term luxury assuming you are over spending on a car when a cheap unit will provide the same function)

When you become a borrower of money you become the servant of the lender. My advice is to only buy cars you pay cash for.

this coming from the guy that doesn't believe in Imunizing his childrens, public schooling, and that the bible is infaliable even thou it was writen by man.

Welcome back Rick we missed ya. :)

this coming from the guy that doesn't believe in Imunizing his childrens, public schooling, and that the bible is infaliable even thou it was writen by man.

+1, where'd you go off to? There hasn't been nearly enough arguing going on over in the nightcrew forum.

This is two different topics. Are you saying I am wrong about becoming the slave to the lender?

I payed cash for my civic and my TSI...Im going out to carmax to drive another corvette today im trying to find a dealer with a reasonable GTO and im looking hard for a Cobra to test drive...I want to find an EVO also but they are hard to come by too

Lindsay Acura has a 2006 Red GTO six speed, there was a Black Mustang Mach1 but I think they sold it today not sure though.

This is two different topics. Are you saying I am wrong about becoming the slave to the lender?

no, you're just a slave to your heightened level of paranoia when it comes to things people don't even have to think twice about--ie. car loans and immunizations to name a few. take a prozac, and live a little already. didn't you have a supra once?? let me guess, you sold it because you got a sweet deal on a suburban, or whatever you drive??

my advice to the original poster is to enjoy yourself, within reason. if you want a $30k car and can afford it, then do it, and you'll never turn back.

• Downvote 1

no, you're just a slave to your heightened level of paranoia when it comes to things people don't even have to think twice about--ie. car loans and immunizations to name a few. take a prozac, and live a little already. didn't you have a supra once?? let me guess, you sold it because you got a sweet deal on a suburban, or whatever you drive??

my advice to the original poster is to enjoy yourself, within reason. if you want a $30k car and can afford it, then do it, and you'll never turn back.

It seems like you are a well educated but not street smart person. You fail to realize how the banking system works. When you borrow money, you work for the bank. Your life becomes theirs, they own your labor for as long as you owe them. I would suggest you think about how the money changers work.

My concerns about vaccination is not based paranoia, it is based on science and fact. If you feel like injecting your kids with thimerisol (mercury) and human diploid cells (aborted human fetus tissue), you go right ahead.

If you're worried about fitment you can at least come sit in the Cobra. It's not driveable right now, and when it is it'll just be slow.

It seems like you are a well educated but not street smart person. You fail to realize how the banking system works. When you borrow money, you work for the bank. Your life becomes theirs, they own your labor for as long as you owe them. I would suggest you think about how the money changers work.

My concerns about vaccination is not based paranoia, it is based on science and fact. If you feel like injecting your kids with thimerisol (mercury) and human diploid cells (aborted human fetus tissue), you go right ahead.

the money i owe on my cars is peanuts compared to what i have invested, in savings, in college funds, and in home equity, so i'm not too concerned about the small stuff. "my life is not becoming theirs" as you say. i'm guessing you'd suggest i pay cash for my medical school loans---all $140k of them??

i realize you'll argue about the diminishing worth of a car, and how bad of an investment it is. but i smile ear-to-ear every time i get in my cobra--you can't put a price tag on happiness and sanity.

and as far as the vaccination deal goes, people will get their vaccinations, oh yes they will. its worth the risk in my (well educated, and vastly informed) mind.

Guest fist302
I would avoid any loans esp for such a high amount of money at this age. I have thought of it but the last thing id wanna be is in debt to the bank, atleast for something like a fast car. Although our economy somewhat depends on people getting loans like this sence the bank can then count the sum of the loan as money they now have, i still think its bad that people think they can just get in debt for much more money than they will be able to pay off anytime soon. You seem set on it though and im sure you will enjoy any of those cars, but atleast consider what you are doing before you sign away.

The guy is asking suggestions of cars, not for financial advice.

+1000

jealous cowards come from all over the place to give their $.02, as soon as someone (young) states they're buying a car. which $30k is pretty much the norm for MOST cars today

I dont know where you guys had trouble fitting in a 99+ mustang/cobra/mach, hell, i'm 6'5 and 290, and i find my gt to be one hell of a comfy ride. i never had the chance to sit in the drivers seat on a c5 or c6, but the c4's if it was a stick i could barley hit the clutch without getting my knee stuck under the wheel. But i would have to give up interior comfort to the gto's, roomy, seats grip decent, and great leg room.

my 2 cents, good luck on the search. Oh and 03-04 terminators ftmfw, still one of the baddest cars out, drop 2500-4000 on upgrades and enjoy the low 10 sec range.