My loan came through

ODoyle

Difference between a C5 and C5 Z06..besides the price difference??

Not to be a dick but........

LOL http://smiliesftw.com/x/ugh.gif get the fuck outta herehttp://smiliesftw.com/x/gayhaaay1.gif

If you dont know the diference between those two then you're not ready to be playing w/ these beautiful machines. stick w/ the civic until you become more educated

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that nothing really suits you so therefore modify what you have and be done. With a $30K budget, I say put about 10K into your 1G for performance and suspension, drive your Civic for a DD, and then invest the other 20K into something that will keep some extra money in your pocket.

Problem solved.

If i could dump money into the cars i already have i would but since its a bank loan i have to have it approved by them before the money can be available...i am still looking at TA's

and cobra's i want to see how i fit though, But i have narrowed it down to an LSx car,or a Cobra

^^^^^^Doesn't matter anymore...since i am a larger guy the vette is out im to big..it sits a little to low for me :(

IDK man, im a large guy and I fit OK into Vettes. Miatas even.

Ever thought about building an LS1 FD?

i'm happy with both my GTO and my '04 cobra, and would likely be thrilled with a vette as well. whatever you do, i would stay away from an older car--

and obviously, the more you do to a car, the less fun it will be as a daily driver. my GTO has an intake and catback and is amazingly comfortable to drive ANY distance, or any amount of time. when i bought it, i immediately drove it 500 miles from wisconsin to ohio, and felt like i was on a leather sofa the whole time--and like mentioned, at 70mph, 25mpg is achievable.

i would say pick amongst these cars and you won't go wrong: '03/04 cobra, c5zo6, ls2GTO, G8, newer sti or evo, and a low mileage, near stock fbody (if one still exists). these are all easily had for less than $30k (except the G8, and maybe the vette). stay away from anything pre-2000, avoid beat-on fbodies, and fox body stangs, as well as '05+ stangs.

a G8 would be great if you could find one under $30k---great power, full factory warranty, and a NEW car.

I am 6"6 and weigh 300. If you are close to those numbers finding comfort will be rough. The TA for me was a tight fit, my mustang was a tight fit along with the vette. That is one of the main things that sold me on my GTO. I was down to the Mach1, C5, and the GTO. The vette and GTO would be a better fit rather than the cobra! Both the GTO and vette would be fairly easy to get into 12's. LT's, CAI, and exhaust! Never hurts to go out and test drive them all and see what tickles your fancy :grin2:

Not to be a dick but........

LOL http://smiliesftw.com/x/ugh.gif get the fuck outta herehttp://smiliesftw.com/x/gayhaaay1.gif

If you dont know the diference between those two then you're not ready to be playing w/ these beautiful machines. stick w/ the civic until you become more educated

well do you even know all the differences? there is alot more to it other than the engine.

i would say pick amongst these cars and you won't go wrong: '03/04 cobra, c5zo6, ls2GTO, G8, newer sti or evo, and a low mileage, near stock fbody (if one still exists). these are all easily had for less than $30k (except the G8, and maybe the vette). stay away from anything pre-2000, avoid beat-on fbodies, and fox body stangs, as well as '05+ stangs.

C5's are easy to get under 30k. even C5Z's are pretty easy to get under 30 unless you want a really low mile one.

I was down to the Mach1, C5, and the GTO. Both the GTO and vette would be fairly easy to get into 12's. LT's, CAI, and exhaust!

yeah cause mach 1's arent in the 12's with those mods.... does anyone have an LSx nutswinging smiley yet?

yeah!!! cars that were 60k new are fast...yeah!!! i hope so. too bad cobra owners that can drive put out those numbers from a car that was 35k

so are you saying that if someone bought a used Z06 for under 30k that they wouldn't run those numbers?

aj you know its about the driver and the tires, i watched a mach with 20 more whp and trq run 14.20's to my 12.50-12.60 truthfully i dont consider mustangs and vettes a fair match, not quite apples to oranges just like tangerines to oranges :D

If I were to ever go anywhere near a mustang it would be an 03 Cobra with a 9''. Get a $13k TA with 40k miles and pay $200 a month (could be more based on your interest rate and term). TA's and Camaros are good all around cars for the price. Mach 1's are nice buys (and are the same boat as TA's and Camaros with respect to being all around good cars) but.... they are still mustangs ;)

Why did it take so long for your loan to come through? when I went through Telhio the process took maybe a few hours.

Either way, for 30k INCLUDING tax and title I'd be considering an EVO. but only if it would be your year-round car. If its just a weekend only or summer car, I'd pick up a cobra. A G8 might be a bit out of your price range if you were only approved for 30k, OTD price on those will be more than MSRP.

I know. But the chance of me finding those vids is the funny part.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/traumaxital/funny-1.gif

^^^^

Owns a Mach1

thats funny cause I own GTO's... wanna roll biotch?

If you want something that is a sporty and nice look at getting a G35. Id say 05-06 you can put a SC or Single turbo on it and get 400 Hp no problem. Start getting more then that and you will have to start looking at swapping internals. I love mine and its quick. If you get a coupe theres tons of parts for them. Oh and get a 6mt unless you really wasnt a 5at. Its not as fast as an evo or sti but its NA and its a hell of alot more comfortable then they are.