gun control?

Exodus

I'm looking for some of CR's honest opinion of gun control. Personally I don't care ether way but I do have a paper to write and I have to be "for gun control" when I write about it. So I'm stuck and looking for some ideas. I live right near downtown right on e. 7th, I hear gun shots every night (lately more frequently), drive bys going on all the time up on Cleveland ave, just some dumb shit. Twice people have tried to break into my house. It makes me against it but when I think about it most of the guns are acquired illegally so there isn't really a system for stopping them. But then again I'm for owning a gun and having the right to defend myself in a "bad" situation.

whats your opinion on gun control and why?

thanks

• Confused 2

It makes me against it but when I think about it most of the guns are acquired illegally so there isn't really a system for stopping them

are you talking about the guns criminals have or all guns period? if you're speaking of the latter, you're an idiot.

Guns Arnt the problem, Its these want to be gang bangers, mother fuckers walking around with 3k in their pocket from selling crak and are geting our tax dollars in welfare checks monthly. They are the damn problem. Guns they are safe I carry two on me every Day, A M4 and a M9 pistol. I have never once hurt any one with one not intending too, never have I had a accidental(spelling???) discarge. I carry the pistol with a round in the chamber on fire, the only saftey that matters is your finger, If i dont pull the trigger it aint going off. POint being the problem dosn't lay in the gun, The problem is who is control of the weapon./End Thread

The only way my guns are leaving me is if between swapping mags, somebody gets off a lucky shot and kills me. There are countless americans who use and carry firearms daily without incident. I spend alot of time at trap, sporting clays, etc and alot of time shooting rifles and handguns. I very much enjoy it as I am sure many of you do, I have never had an incident with an accidental discharge, just like stated in an above post.

We will have as much success with gun abolishment, as we would have with putting a gun in the hand of every American.

I think that there are large areas of this arugment that aren't largely defined, and run rampant with out setting the terms of the argument. Gun control means that we allow guns, but we try and limit the supply to those responsible enough to own one. Gun abolishment is often confused with gun control, but meaning the complete removal of guns from society. Define the problem, and I think that you can better isolate the two differing sides.

Personally, I think in a "utopia" removing guns aka gun abolishment, from the world would be ideal.....but unfortunately, it's 100% unrealistic. Therefore an unrealistic solution, is no solution at all.

To whom much is given, much is required.

I agree with gun control, not abolishment.

We will have as much success with gun abolishment, as we would have with putting a gun in the hand of every American.

I think that there are large areas of this arugment that aren't largely defined, and run rampant with out setting the terms of the argument. Gun control means that we allow guns, but we try and limit the supply to those responsible enough to own one. Gun abolishment is often confused with gun control, but meaning the complete removal of guns from society. Define the problem, and I think that you can better isolate the two differing sides.

Personally, I think in a "utopia" removing guns aka gun abolishment, from the world would be ideal.....but unfortunately, it's 100% unrealistic. Therefore an unrealistic solution, is no solution at all.

To whom much is given, much is required.

I agree with gun control, not abolishment.

if the criminals don't use a gun they will use something else. people are the problem.

in europe most murders are caused by poisoning.

well at least it shows a lot of people except mike can't read

no shit, reading comprehension is a lost art

of course, that means OP can write whatever he wants in his paper and no one will pay attention enough to know if he's on topic or not.