GM TPI Tuning...Need Help

indy82z

Is there anyone around here that is good at tuning TPI Engines?

I got an 88 Formula that is pretty built up:

Its a 350 punched .030 over with forged pistons and about 10.5:1 compression. It has a Comp Cam 270HR roller cam and Aluminum Edelbrock Performer heads with Crane full roller rockers. The factory TPI has been replaced with Edelbrock parts and it has SVO injectors. It has Hooker headers with a custom Y-pipe and new Flowmaster muffler. I had a chip custom burnt for it last fall, but I just know its not to where it needs to be. I am in the process of swapping out the plugs on it, but it is pretty hard to start and doesnt like to idle in gear. The engine was all professionally done and really only has about 50 miles. All the work and those miles were put on it about 3 years ago. I wouldnt trust the dealer to touch this and know there are lots of LS1 tuners on here, but does anyone do or is anyone familiar with the good old TPI Engine. I know years ago I used to get most of my work done at the Corvette place on Ferris, but not even sure how good they would be with it now that it is such old technology...

Anybody out there really good with these?

Thanks in advance...

Tom

Your best bet is going to be to hit Thirdgen.org and goto the EPROM section. There all going to tell you the samething, get the stuff and burn one yourself. When my GTA needed one it was by far cheaper to get the stuff and do it myself then it was to have someone sit down and go through it and burn a chip. In the end you'll be able to do it, and the software that is used to do it isn;t as hard as some people lead it on to be. Just my .02$

Is there anyone around here that is good at tuning TPI Engines?

I got an 88 Formula that is pretty built up:

Its a 350 punched .030 over with forged pistons and about 10.5:1 compression. It has a Comp Cam 270HR roller cam and Aluminum Edelbrock Performer heads with Crane full roller rockers. The factory TPI has been replaced with Edelbrock parts and it has SVO injectors. It has Hooker headers with a custom Y-pipe and new Flowmaster muffler. I had a chip custom burnt for it last fall, but I just know its not to where it needs to be. I am in the process of swapping out the plugs on it, but it is pretty hard to start and doesnt like to idle in gear. The engine was all professionally done and really only has about 50 miles. All the work and those miles were put on it about 3 years ago. I wouldnt trust the dealer to touch this and know there are lots of LS1 tuners on here, but does anyone do or is anyone familiar with the good old TPI Engine. I know years ago I used to get most of my work done at the Corvette place on Ferris, but not even sure how good they would be with it now that it is such old technology...

Anybody out there really good with these?

Thanks in advance...

Tom

if u want to drive a little it would be about 3 1/2 hours from columbus we have a guy down here that dyno tunes them a at a good price and you wont find anybody better and he just wont do full thottle he does it all part thottle idel the hole thing it will be a total differnt car ,u wont regret it . see my sig and tell him i sent u .