Mid-Ohio August 3-5

lemosley01

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am going, suppose to have a free admission since the last race of 06 was a shitty rainy weekend except that Sunday. Will have to call them to see if they will still honor what they said.

I think you need to mail them in to Mid-Ohio and they would send you new tickets....there was a date that they needed to be in by

Is Mid-Ohio divided up? There is a family area campsite and then another camp site too right?

That's what they claim - there is a 'family' area near the back or front, but it's all one open campground and people are up to all hours drinking and revving engines - there really is no family area.

Is Mid-Ohio divided up? There is a family area campsite and then another camp site too right?

That's what they claim - there is a 'family' area near the back or front, but it's all one open campground and people are up to all hours drinking and revving engines - there really is no family area.

Alright, sounds good. I don't mind either way, just don't want to get tossed out due to a little partying. I might be game for this. I'll let you know.

i am going, suppose to have a free admission since the last race of 06 was a shitty rainy weekend except that Sunday. Will have to call them to see if they will still honor what they said.

I think you need to mail them in to Mid-Ohio and they would send you new tickets....there was a date that they needed to be in by

that sucks i bet the date has passed. they didnt give us much info when they told us.

So we have 4 so far...

probably at least 6 then...... two brothers that i work with said they are definately going. I do plan on camping there...i mean you cant go and not camp... all the beer and stuff going....LOL

Well I haven't posted since last year but nevertheless I'll be there too.

Camping of course, with grill.

The deputies got pretty aggressive last year about shutting down the party at 10 o'clock last year. Expect the same this year. They practice at vintage days!

I should get there Thursday night.

Chris Schafer

Well I haven't posted since last year but nevertheless I'll be there too.

Camping of course, with grill.

The deputies got pretty aggressive last year about shutting down the party at 10 o'clock last year. Expect the same this year. They practice at vintage days!

I should get there Thursday night.

Chris Schafer

I can recall hearing guys just ripping on their bikes until around 11 or 12pm (at least) last year. The sportbikes were cool, but the harley's with their loud-ass pipes I could live without.

Then there was the girl that got undressed in the tent with the light shining behind her. Nice shadow show!

Yea, here's how it goes.

Drink for hours.

Fire up the sport bike.

Hold the throttle wide open.

Shut it down.

Bask in the praise and cheers of your neighbors who would not do the same thing to their own bikes.

Drink some more.

Repeat.

Never buy a used sport bike if the owner camped out at the Superbike races.

PS. Save some of your fireworks, the odd rocket or roman candle really get the deputies worked up.

They have been very strict the past few years. They threaten to kick people out after a warning of too much rev limiter....

I've never been so I have a couple of noobie questions:

Does everyone (who's staying) just take tents in backpacks, back seats etc?

Where do you put the bikes when in the tents, on the grass, if so, what iof it rains?

What happens up there, do you race the track or watch races?

How long of a ride is it?

How much does it all cost?

I thinks thats all for now. lol

I've never been so I have a couple of noobie questions:

Does everyone (who's staying) just take tents in backpacks, back seats etc?

Where do you put the bikes when in the tents, on the grass, if so, what iof it rains?

What happens up there, do you race the track or watch races?

How long of a ride is it?

How much does it all cost?

I thinks thats all for now. lol

If I camp there then I am going to take my car. Too much stuff to try and carry on the sportbike. The campsite has a gravel driveway that can be treacherous at times. There are dedicated campsites. Most people park their bikes on the grass. You do not race that weekend, you watch the pros and amatuers race. There are a bunch of booths and vendors up there. The ticket price for the whole weekend and camping is 40.00 each, if purchased before 08/01/2007. The racetrack is in Lexington, OH, about 54 miles away (an hour or so drive) and is off of I-71.

Actually it is a PITA to have a bike up there. Estimated attendance last year was 63,000. That's a lot of bikes, cars and people in one place.

But hey, where else can you go and be a part of such a big cycle event?

Anyway, I like to watch the races from different corners so I get caught up in it a lot more than most. Everyone else nails down a good spot for the day.

My camping gear goes up in a truck. My tent sleeps 6.

There is a lot to see and do and I suspect a lot goes on that I don't even know about, and I've been going up there since the 70's.

Don't worry about camping, it's a short ride up there. If you live in Columbus it can be a great ride because there are so many other bikes on the road.

It's a real bike event not to be missed.

The weather is going to dictate if I camp or not. If I am going to go for both days then I will most likely camp there. There is no point in driving back and forth to Columbus and Lexington, OH each day. The races there are great, the only drawback to last year was the weather sucked on Sunday but other than that it was great.

I guess since its usually a good turnout in August at Mid Ohio that i was wondering how soon should someone try to get a spot at the camp grounds? now maybe? Especially since its only one race this year. Thoughts from anyone else?