let me see the forums dammit

Guest brian68

The truth hurts. Prove me otherwise, unless you want to make yourself look as the idiot.

my car has killed a few cones. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

there are a ton of american cars at that link that run track days and autocross.

look at the ASP and SS class of NASA and SCCA nationals and see how many american cars are there.

Rob on here takes his C6 out to track days too. you sir are an idiot like Ben said.

Welcome, you are going to find that most American car owners here are terrified of corners.

i love corners

and why do you keep bashing american cars and corners.

The truth hurts. Prove me otherwise, unless you want to make yourself look as the idiot.

i challenge

oh and welcome Brian

my car has killed a few cones. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

there are a ton of american cars at that link that run track days and autocross.

look at the ASP and SS class of NASA and SCCA nationals and see how many american cars are there.

Rob on here takes his C6 out to track days too. you sir are an idiot like Ben said.

I said here, and I said most. People like you are exceptions to the rule.

Once again, prove me otherwise, lest you make yourself look like the idiot.

i love corners

and why do you keep bashing american cars and corners.

i challenge

oh and welcome Brian

I have yet to bash one American car. In the other thread, I said that my personal opinion is that most American cars are useless at cornering (again, I said most). In addition, I said that most American car owners here are straight line people. That, too, is a fact.

People like Ben and AJ only make themselves out to look like idiots by refusing to use the eyes they were given. Reading comprehension is your friend, people.

I have yet to bash one American car. In the other thread, I said that my personal opinion is that most American cars are useless at cornering (again, I said most). In addition, I said that most American car owners here are straight line people. That, too, is a fact.

People like Ben and AJ only make themselves out to look like idiots by refusing to use the eyes they were given. Reading comprehension is your friend, people.

You're a real dick sometimes, huh? :rolleyes:

You're a real dick sometimes' date=' huh? :rolleyes:[/quote']

If I cared what anyone on this forum had to say, I probably would have been gone a long time ago. Rather unfortunately, there are people that can't seem to look past certain things, and continue to make asses of themselves. Pretty entertaining, really.

Edit: I shouldn't say anyone, there are a few people worth listening to on here, but there are many idiots. Seems to be pretty unavoidable.

Guest mrhobbz
If I cared what anyone on this forum had to say, I probably would have been gone a long time ago. Rather unfortunately, there are people that can't seem to look past certain things, and continue to make asses of themselves. Pretty entertaining, really.

Edit: I shouldn't say anyone, there are a few people worth listening to on here, but there are many idiots. Seems to be pretty unavoidable.

+1 Megaman is for the win and a prety kewl dood.

I said here, and I said most. People like you are exceptions to the rule.

Once again, prove me otherwise, lest you make yourself look like the idiot.

600-foot slalom

Ford fusion 63.7 mph avg

Accord 60.3 mph avg

Sonata 61.2 mph avg

Camry 60.7 mph avg

Lateral acceleration 0.80 g avg 0.75 g avg

Ford fusion 0.80 g avg

Accord 0.75 g avg

Sonata 0.76 g avg

Camry 0.78 g avg

Corvette vs M3 vs Boxter S

0-60- Corvette wins (4.2)

0-100-0- Corvette wins (14.01)

Braking- Corvette wins (105ft from 60)

Slalom- Corvette and M3 TIE (68.99)

Skidpad- Corvette wins (1.00)

Road Course- Corvette wins (59.50)

2008 motor trend car of the year = Cadillac CTS

According to Motor Trend, the Cobalt SS Supercharged blistered a 600-foot handling course at 69 miles an hour. The 'Vette it tested was just a bit off the pace, at 68.9 miles an hour.

The 2006 CSI Study is based on responses from 79,580 owners and lessees

of 2003 to 2005 model-year vehicles.

Customer Service Index Ranking

(Based on a 1,000-point scale)

Lexus 912

Buick 911

Cadillac 909

Jaguar 908

Lincoln 906

Mercury 905

Saturn 904

Pontiac 903

Audi 890

MINI 890

Volvo 890

Acura 889

Chevrolet 887

Infiniti 887

Porsche 887

BMW 884

Honda 883

HUMMER 882

Saab 880

GMC 879

Industry Average 873

Mercedes-Benz 872

Hyundai 869

Chrysler 867

Ford 866

Dodge 862

Toyota 861

Subaru 858

Jeep 851

Nissan 849

Mitsubishi 848

Kia 843

Mazda 843

Land Rover 840

Suzuki 823

Volkswagen 810

Isuzu 781

Ok that had nothing to do with handling it was customer satisfaction

At the track Fort Knox, Kentucky, I pulled a 60.5 with the Ford Focus. (100% stock with crap tires)

My brother pulled a 59.8 with his Toyota MR2. (100% stock with performance tires)

But look at this

Cobalt SS

0-60 mph: 6.0s

1/4 mile, sec @ MPH: 14.5 @ 98.2

Braking, 60-0 mph, ft: 115

200 ft skidpad, avg G: 0.89

600 ft slalom, mph: 69.0

Here are some other cars for comparison (From MotorTrends).

Mazda MS MX-5 Miata

0-60 mph, sec: 6.2

1/4 mile,sec @ mph: 14.59 @ 93.78

Braking,60-0 mph, ft: 118

200-ft skidpad, g: 0.86

2004 Honda S2000

Acceleration, mph 0-60: 5.8

1/4 mile, sec @ mph: 14.19 @ 99.90

Braking, 100-0 mph, ft: 338

Braking, 60-0 mph, ft: 118

600-ft slalom, mph: 68.6

200-ft skidpad, lateral g: 0.90

2004 Mazda RX-8

Acceleration, mph 0-60: 6.0

1/4 mile, sec @ mph: 14.49 @ 95.47

Braking, 100-0 mph, ft: 318

Braking, 60-0 mph, ft: 115

600-ft slalom, mph: 68.1

200-ft skidpad, lateral g: 0.87

2004 Nissan 350Z

Acceleration, mph 0-60: 5.3

1/4 mile, sec @ mph: 13.77 @ 100.94

Braking, 100-0 mph, ft: 318

Braking, 60-0 mph, ft: 113

600-ft slalom, mph: 68.0

200-ft skidpad, lateral g: 0.87

solstice vs miata

First of all, it's sexy as hell. Park it next to the Miata and only the president of the local Miata Club will notice the Mazda.

Second, it performs well, running zero to 60 mph in 7.7 seconds and the quarter-mile in 15.8 seconds at 87 mph. The Miata, which is smaller, lighter and geared shorter, is only slightly quicker. It hits 60 mph in 7.5 seconds and sprints the quarter in 15.5 seconds at 89 mph.

It also turned the same slalom speed as the Miata, an impressive 64 mph, and matched the Mazda's lap time around the racetrack.

oh and this the base 177 hp solstice NOT the 260 HP GXP

Do I really need to continue?

Rob, that entire post has absolutely ZERO to do with Columbus Racing members. Absolutely nothing. I said prove to me that what I said about CR members being mostly straight line people was false.

Again, I said MOST, M-O-S-T, MOST.

Rob, that entire post has absolutely ZERO to do with Columbus Racing members. Absolutely nothing. I said prove to me that what I said about CR members being mostly straight line people was false.

Again, I said MOST, M-O-S-T, MOST.

your exact quote

And I am studying Japanese and think most American cars are pigs, and don't even deserve a second look because of how useless they are when a corner approaches.

You (TommySS/SC) need to learn that CR is an incredibly diverse forum. I want to say that the imports outweigh the American cars here in terms of presence, but the American cars get talked about more.

so stop trying to change your statement.

and since you say MOST of us don't have any reading comprehension lets work on that. "most American cars are pigs, and don't even deserve a second look because of how useless they (they-meaning the american cars) are when a corner approaches."

i don't see anything in there about people let alone CR members. and nothing on straight line only.

you lose i win move on.

your exact quote

so stop trying to change your statement.

I said that was my opinion, and he had his opinion, which was the point of the entire post. This all got explained in that thread. I have never changed my statement.

At the same time, it still has nothing to do with me telling an autocrosser that there are a lot of drag racers on here.

Edit: Since you edited yours, I had might as well edit mine. You might want to go back through that thread and take a look at what else was posted. It makes everything make sense.

you lose i win move on.

Whatever you say man, whatever you say.

Rob, someone is just pissed that they can't afford to drive somehting nice so they have to bash someone that can.

shithead, the average american doesn't buy a car based on performance aspects. do you really think grandpa bought that new Z06 to go racing with? its a goal he may have set when he was a kid and now is able to make it come true. large amounts of americans have no idea that there cars can even do half the shit they were designed for. F-bodys were never designed for carving curves, yes there are some fast ones that can do it but it was never designed to just be for that. corvettes were never designed for drag racing, they have always been geared towards turing. some people like the vette because of the power it has to start with and its cheep HP/$ to modify.

Rob, someone is just pissed that they can't afford to drive somehting nice so they have to bash someone that can.

shithead, the average american doesn't buy a car based on performance aspects. do you really think grandpa bought that new Z06 to go racing with? its a goal he may have set when he was a kid and now is able to make it come true. large amounts of americans have no idea that there cars can even do half the shit they were designed for. F-bodys were never designed for carving curves, yes there are some fast ones that can do it but it was never designed to just be for that. corvettes were never designed for drag racing, they have always been geared towards turing. some people like the vette because of the power it has to start with and its cheep HP/$ to modify.

I am not pissed at all. In addition, calling me "shithead" isn't going to get you anywhere. I still don't know where you people are pulling the "average American" thing from, and I still don't understand what you are trying to prove. This still has absolutely nothing, zero, to do with you what I said to the thread starter. You guys are making asses of yourselves for absolutely no reason.

GodDAMNIT! This is an INTRO thread, not Megaman v. Rob! Valid points have been made but...it's too damn late to continue.

Sir, welcome! I have seen your car before, I love Vette's for their handling and power capabilities. I'll keep an eye for your car in grid and try to say hello this weekend. I'll be in my Mitsubishi Starion.

• Upvote 1

I am not pissed at all. In addition, calling me "shithead" isn't going to get you anywhere. I still don't know where you people are pulling the "average American" thing from, and I still don't understand what you are trying to prove. This still has absolutely nothing, zero, to do with you what I said to the thread starter. You guys are making asses of yourselves for absolutely no reason.

well i'm pretty sure that your the only one that is making an ass of your self. its a common thing and everyone is used to it.

GodDAMNIT! This is an INTRO thread, not Megaman v. Rob! Valid points have been made but...it's too damn late to continue.

it wouldn't be CR style if we didn't crash random thread once in while.