What is the going rate for junking cars??

CJINOHIO03

When we junk cars here most yards for a sub compact will pay 250-350 range.

We usually strip the cars we junk before selling them if you do it right strippin and junkin you can make a pretty penny off the parts.

what do you strip them of Drew?

Parts we can either use to fix customers cars. Or parts we can sell on ebay or such. Depending what the car is. Mirrors/intakes/interior pieces and other misc parts. Basically commonly replaced parts.

We run a buy here pay here and entire time our customers are paying on car thru us we service the car free of charge they just pay for parts. The good customers that are down on there luck financially we will use parts from the junked cars to help them out if they cant afford to fix the car themselves. We take care of customer they take care of us.

We do are own towing so i dont know about rates on that.

I would say for a monte carlo easily over 300. But if you had some ambition or extra time you could make a bit extra selling a few parts off it before junking.

does anyone know of a place that junks cars if you dont have the title for it?

For cars without titles most places require it to have the engine removed. I've done lots of cars without titles at ace iron and metal.

Evan

• 3 months later...
How do they calculate the weight for the cars etc? Do they subtract for tires etc? I have never done this wasnt sure how it is done. Obviously the whole car isnt metal. Do the prices change ever day? I called around the going rate was low 200 ish. CJ