If you think you have a fast car.....

Linn1647545492

Fixed.

Find two identical cars.

Put some one who knows how to drive like they stole the car and some tard whos driving their parents car and see who wins from a roll.

Now add in that both cars have big ass turbos with horrible lag and the nooblet isn't brake boosting.

How good of a driver you are from a roll may not matter as much as from a dig but it still a very big factor and you all know that. It's not like it's breaking news or something

If you have a auto then I'm not talking about you. I've had two autos and I would never race them from a roll. Besides the fact that it's boring as hell it's so much easier to just race from a dig with an auto. Left foot=press brake, right foot=press gas and then let go and smile =-)

But how many times have you raced and some one misses a gear? After watching and witnessing dozens of misshifts how could anyone say it doesn't take some driver skill to race from a roll?

And about the race tracks and all, if I wasn't poor I would more often. I can't even afford to go to trails let alone mid Ohio or something. auto x and rolls are about it... :(

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll racing takes less skill than a dig... unless you are working with enough power to spin the tires from an 80 roll :cool:

My only real issue with it is seeing people doing 130+ with people in the next lane over. Half of you are one old lady (that doesnt use her mirrors) away from a huge accident.

Roll racing takes less skill than a dig... unless you are working with enough power to spin the tires from an 80 roll :cool:

My only real issue with it is seeing people doing 130+ with people in the next lane over. Half of you are one old lady (that doesnt use her mirrors) away from a huge accident.

I agree completely. Thats why I always drive 40mph for a while and let a big ass gap form. Then go until you see traffic coming up. I've never passed a car that wasn't racing while I was. But I have had a few times where cars that were racing flew by me or someone I know and when your coming home from a long day and just want to go to sleep, having two cars fly by going 160+ is pretty scary when you dont expect it.

I might be going to trails today since I got off work early. I just hope it doesn't rain... :(

Dig races is the only way to race,IMO. Street racing is not my thing either the consquences are not justifiable. Even though I have done it a few times :D I try to resist the urge. Brian have you put those wheels to use yet ?

01 WS6,228/236,578/588 114 custom comp,ported/polished factory heads w/manley race master valves,978 dual springs,Comp titanium retainers,hardend pushrods,160 stat,MSD,NGK,SLP bellows/mass air,ARP ,BG ram air,3400 midwest stall,DTS 12 Bolt 3.73,Spohn rear sway bar,QA1s,BMR rear susp,Macs,ORY,Magnaflow.

Dig races is the only way to race,IMO. Street racing is not my thing either the consquences are not justifiable. Even though I have done it a few times :D I try to resist the urge. Brian have you put those wheels to use yet ?

01 WS6,228/236,578/588 114 custom comp,ported/polished factory heads w/manley race master valves,978 dual springs,Comp titanium retainers,hardend pushrods,160 stat,MSD,NGK,SLP bellows/mass air,ARP ,BG ram air,3400 midwest stall,DTS 12 Bolt 3.73,Spohn rear sway bar,QA1s,BMR rear susp,Macs,ORY,Magnaflow.

Not yet. I'm going to put the MT's on them and get some all weather tires so that I can actually drive my car without checking the forecast ;) Thanks again for the wheels!

You clearly have never launched a manual with any power.

I don't understand what your saying. I'm saying that driver skill matters from a roll. But it's not as big of a factor as launching from a dig. I'm saying it takes more skill to go from a dig. Not less. But I was saying that auto's from a dig are easy if you have a nice set of tires and did a good burn out.

But I launched my two 5spd mustangs pretty well. 302 had 298whp and 347 got 365whp before I got rid of it.

Driving is so easy....there is no skill to it IMO....unless I'm just that good. :bangbang:

I feel the same way. I've never missed a gear even though I always powershift...I don't get how some people just can't do a simple thing like put the clutch in and smack the shifter. :confused:

Side note,

Went to marion last night and is it me or is that track getting worse and worse? Well except for the first 60-100 feet. That's pretty good. But after that I can't get traction for my life. Gets kind of old having to pedal 2nd and 3rd in a slow car...

I feel the same way. I've never missed a gear even though I always powershift...I don't get how some people just can't do a simple thing like put the clutch in and smack the shifter. :confused:

Thank you...I dont know either...My buddy always gets tooo anxious and either misses gears or shifts from 2nd - 3rd - and back to 2nd :eek::D

well um a high 13 sec so thats not fast

Got home a lot later than I thought I would so that didn't work out. Not doing anything later tonight though. And I can be high 13's. What kind of trap are you talking about? Let me know and we can set something up for tonight. Right now I'm high 13 et but high 12 trap. Bald 205 street tires FTL...

And are you talking about your LT1? If so they are usually pretty good races from a stop. I raced a white one the other night at the track. But I'd prefer a roll because I'll just spin and destroy my tires even more. I dont really care about the speed. Let me know :marc:

Find two identical cars.

Put some one who knows how to drive like they stole the car and some tard whos driving their parents car and see who wins from a roll.

Now add in that both cars have big ass turbos with horrible lag and the nooblet isn't brake boosting.

How good of a driver you are from a roll may not matter as much as from a dig but it still a very big factor and you all know that. It's not like it's breaking news or something

If you have a auto then I'm not talking about you. I've had two autos and I would never race them from a roll. Besides the fact that it's boring as hell it's so much easier to just race from a dig with an auto. Left foot=press brake, right foot=press gas and then let go and smile =-)

But how many times have you raced and some one misses a gear? After watching and witnessing dozens of misshifts how could anyone say it doesn't take some driver skill to race from a roll?

And about the race tracks and all, if I wasn't poor I would more often. I can't even afford to go to trails let alone mid Ohio or something. auto x and rolls are about it... :(

This statement is incorrect. anyone who can say this doesn't know that much about racing. Racing an auto can be hard to drive than a car with a good 5 spd set up at time. There are four or five different ways to leave in an auto. You need to know if you need to max the converter out or if it needs flashed. Then if you have a stock shifter than you need to pay carefull attention to each shift. A stock aod mustang you must pull it down in low then shift to second as soon as it shifts you must then pull it back down into first, then reshift into second for it go into high. Ever drove anything fast with a colume shift?? My buick T/Type gets down with the program and it's not easy to just shift the gears with it being on the colume but it is fun. Maybe you just haven't had enough cars to make an educated opinion ;)

I don't understand what your saying. I'm saying that driver skill matters from a roll. But it's not as big of a factor as launching from a dig. I'm saying it takes more skill to go from a dig. Not less. But I was saying that auto's from a dig are easy if you have a nice set of tires and did a good burn out.

But I launched my two 5spd mustangs pretty well. 302 had 298whp and 347 got 365whp before I got rid of it.

Auto's are only easy to launch if you dont make any power. On a full shot my car makes like 700rwtq. Its not as easy as you make it sound

This statement is incorrect. anyone who can say this doesn't know that much about racing. Racing an auto can be hard to drive than a car with a good 5 spd set up at time. There are four or five different ways to leave in an auto. You need to know if you need to max the converter out or if it needs flashed. Then if you have a stock shifter than you need to pay carefull attention to each shift. A stock aod mustang you must pull it down in low then shift to second as soon as it shifts you must then pull it back down into first, then reshift into second for it go into high. Ever drove anything fast with a colume shift?? My buick T/Type gets down with the program and it's not easy to just shift the gears with it being on the colume but it is fun. Maybe you just haven't had enough cars to make an educated opinion ;)

I've had two autos, both had a stock trans. I never raced them from a roll because it just seemed boring. Depending on the roll I'd have it in a certain gear, then I'd just put it in normal drive and keep it floored. And it worked fine. I have no clue what your talking about with the autos. I don't like autos. Manuals just seem like more fun over all. And I've had enough cars to make my opinion. I still have not met someone with an auto that does any of the stuff your talking about when racing an automatic. They have it and gear, floor it and then shift.

Another thing you guys are talking about are modded cars. Mine weren't 8 second cars :eek:

They were just bolt ons and some nitrous on one.

I never made anywhere near 700wtq so I have no clue what your talking about. Have any of you guys made 700wtq? If so good for you, but the thing is most of the autos out there arent. 400-500 max usually. Then once you start dumping tons of money you eventually get the 700 your talking about. But like I said I never had anywhere near that. And on both of my autos I had 28 mt's on and after a good burnout all I had to do was floor hold down the brake and floor it.

Of course when you have a 4,500 stall and a trans brake and make 800rwhp/rwtq it's a little bit harder, but how many people on here are actually making that kind of power? I'd guess a handfull and thats about it.

Just remember when I first started talking about all of this I wasn't talking about 8 second cars. I'm talking about my cars or other street cars I know.

Actually I don't even remember what I was talking about in the begining. And now the games back on so thats all.

Auto's are only easy to launch if you dont make any power. On a full shot my car makes like 700rwtq. Its not as easy as you make it sound

With your car I'm sure it's hard as hell to drive. I've never driven anything with more than 500wtq so I have no clue. But from my experience autos are just boring (until they get into 500+wtq) :rolleyes:

But it's really the only way that makes sense. When your making that kind of power theres really no point in running a 5spd with all the inconsistencies (spelling) you get from running them.

Ask people how bad racing an auto from a roll is at times or talk to my rev-limiter.

Not sure what you mean. But again I'm talking about stock auto transmissions where you floor it and go. But from the people I know with autos they just don't race from rolls. The only people with fast autos I know are geared for a 1/4 and use two gears. So going from a roll is pretty pointless.

Thank you...I dont know either...My buddy always gets tooo anxious and either misses gears or shifts from 2nd - 3rd - and back to 2nd :eek::D

I read this far and the next post. If you haven't driven a Cobra while racing, you don't understand the shifting problem.

Ask people how bad racing an auto from a roll is at times or talk to my rev-limiter.

you just have honda foot it must have migrated from the camaro to the formula

you should just be an owner and then higher a driver like they do in pro racing your shit would be .5 quicker all day :p