If you think you have a fast car.....

Linn1647545492

Not sure what you mean. But again I'm talking about stock auto transmissions where you floor it and go. But from the people I know with autos they just don't race from rolls. The only people with fast autos I know are geared for a 1/4 and use two gears. So going from a roll is pretty pointless.

I see where you are coming from. I was in a 06 mustang gt earlier today (flame away :D ). When I got into it at a light it got a little squirly but nothing that would make me have to get out of it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adjustable cable plus quadrant and they shift like a dream

adjustable cables are definitely not advised on cobras, as they've been shown many times to stretch out, rather quickly. i think you mean "firewall adjuster and quadrant". those don't fix everything. my car has a firewall adjuster and an aftermarket quadrant (with the stock clutch), and the shifting is still not perfect. after changing the tranny fluid this weekend, things are a bit improved, but not perfect.

Adjustable cable plus quadrant and they shift like a dream

Like Kirk said, firewall adjuster and quadrant still don't fix it like they should. Even adding a shifter and clutch won't make them perfect.

adjustable cables are definitely not advised on cobras, as they've been shown many times to stretch out, rather quickly. i think you mean "firewall adjuster and quadrant". those don't fix everything. my car has a firewall adjuster and an aftermarket quadrant (with the stock clutch), and the shifting is still not perfect. after changing the tranny fluid this weekend, things are a bit improved, but not perfect.

lol, all my adjustable quadrant did on my fox box was wear away at my cable which then snapped. I almost shit myself thinking the trans said FUCK YOU!!!! finally. But then I saw the cable when I popped the hood. Easy $10 fix and I was fine.

Another thing with those cables is they always seem to bind. Most likely because I stick mine right through my headers with some heat wrap on it. ;)

I see where you are coming from. I was in a 06 mustang gt earlier today (flame away :D ). When I got into it at a light it got a little squirly but nothing that would make me have to get out of it.

Now add some power. Maybe 200 and a set of 28" slicks and the same thing happens. I guess it's just high power cars then :confused: I have no clue there though :D

This statement is incorrect. anyone who can say this doesn't know that much about racing. Racing an auto can be hard to drive than a car with a good 5 spd set up at time. There are four or five different ways to leave in an auto. You need to know if you need to max the converter out or if it needs flashed. Then if you have a stock shifter than you need to pay carefull attention to each shift. A stock aod mustang you must pull it down in low then shift to second as soon as it shifts you must then pull it back down into first, then reshift into second for it go into high. Ever drove anything fast with a colume shift?? My buick T/Type gets down with the program and it's not easy to just shift the gears with it being on the colume but it is fun. Maybe you just haven't had enough cars to make an educated opinion ;)

the shift into d then pull it back into low to lock in second is for any aod car equiped with the 3 position shifter, not just a mustang....fyi