Mustang Guys, Suspension/Rear End HELP!!

Rhett

Ok after Jermany this winter/spring I will be doing the motor build I have talked about but this summer I am geting ready for with every thing but the Tranny and misc. shit.

So here Is my question I am installing a full tubular front end (K-member, control arms, and adjustible coil overs). and for the rear I am will have installed Upper and Lower Control Arms. (I already have BBK springs).

Is there anything else I should do to the suspension?

I am also building the rearend. It will be 8.8" with Eaton LDS 31 Spline, 3.73-4.30 gears (not decided which yet) and 31 spline axles. ** Should I add a new drive shaft now or will it be fine till I drop the new motor and tranny?

Thanks Guys,

Here will be a list of my mods after the installs posted above.

2001 Mustang GT

-K&N Cold Air

-BBK 70mm TB

-BBK Shorty Headers

-BBK o/r X-Pipe

-Flow Masters American Thunder II's

-*Eaton Posi Limited Slip 8.8in 31 Spline Differential

-*Moser 31 Spline Mustang Axles for 8.8in Rear w/ Studs

-*Motive Performance Plus Gears (3.73-4.30 dont know yet)

-*Motive Bearing Kit

-*Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 Gear Oil

-*J&M Rear Lower Control Arms

-*J&M Rear Upper Control Arms

-BBK Springs

-*Granatelli Front Tubular Control Arms

-*Granatelli Front Coil-Over Kit

-*Granatelli Tubular K-Member

-*Dyno Tuned By: DynoTune

-*3" Cowl Hood (since my cheap stock hood scoop flew off)

-Black Saleen Wheels 18x9 fronts & 18x10.5 Rear

Going to be N/A, Till next year.

*'s = I have the parts, they are going on first week of June.

go with a ford racing gear

+1 on the gears and depending on usage you may want a cobra/explorer 31 spline setup double packed instead of the eaton- they are cheaper and quieter for street operation.

The eaton is superior as far as durability and traction but it also makes a ratcheting/binding sound in unloaded low speed turns. I have one btw is how I know-

Don't the Granatelli coil over kit. I'd go with UPR.

You're going to want to upgrade your struts (required with Granatelli) and shocks too.

What Struts would you recommend? And I was looking at the Granatelli Kit and how much is the diff between Street Sprigs and Street Springs, I mean handeling wise, will drag springs make Roll racing dangerous or are street springs just as good?

What Struts would you recommend? And I was looking at the Granatelli Kit and how much is the diff between Street Sprigs and Street Springs, I mean handeling wise, will drag springs make Roll racing dangerous or are street springs just as good?

Street springs will be fine unless you just want to drag all the time. There wouldn't be much benefit from going with a less street worthy spring.

The best struts are going to be Bilstein. I just did an install with the Granatelli stuff on a GT, I was less than impressed with the coil overs. They did not fit with the recommended struts.

Street springs will be fine unless you just want to drag all the time. There wouldn't be much benefit from going with a less street worthy spring.

The best struts are going to be Bilstein. I just did an install with the Granatelli stuff on a GT, I was less than impressed with the coil overs. They did not fit with the recommended struts.

Cool, Thanks for the Info I will now have to wait to order my shit, Cause the owner Before me put on BBK springs and it had new shocks and Struts But I dont remember the brand...

Thanks for the help.

Go with UPR, much better quality and stronger, and seem to hold up great for street use. panhard as mentioned, subframes, depending on how crazy you wanna get, a 6pt cage ties everything together well. look for springs in the 200-225 lb range, still gives a good launch yet not to bad to drive every day. shocks/struts, can't go wrong with the strange adjustables.

• 5 weeks later...