how much per gallon did your first tank of gas cost?

Akula

To all the people saying under .90 cents a gallon and are younger than me, why the fuck do I not remember that? .59-.69 cents seems like no way.....

I started driving in 99ish, it was under $.90 periodically. I could always get Sunoco 86 for the cheap, and run 400 miles, and fill right back up. I hated my accord, but kinda miss it's gas saving capabilities.

Good God I'm an old bas-------

At 16 I bought Sunoco regular @.28 a gallon. They also had what they called Sunoco 260 which was their "leaded" premium and was the only gas available at the drag strip where I grew up. That Sunoco 260 propelled many Mustangs with the Boss 429, Camaros, Chevelles, Vettes, Mopars etc. The 260 pump gas was expensive / ha ha we paid .38 a gallon and bitched!

Aw yes back in the day of the late 60's and early 70's. Then in 1973 you could hardly buy gas, you sat in line to get your $5.00 in gas which is all they were allowed to sell you?

Prices today suck for sure, lets just hope they don't start that rationing crap -