weddings...

HotCarl

So my brother is getting married today. other than the obvious that i think im watching a trainwreck in slowmotion and can honestly say i dont think they should be I have made a few observation's about weddings/wedding parties in general.

1. Tradition sucks

2. Weddings generally bring out the worst in people. lots of drinking and debautchery (sp?). normal people doing things they would've never thought of before. (ie, hooking up in the coat room of the church.... sorry god)

3. A bit of advice. test drive your tux... try it on and wear it over and over b/c when it comes down to D day and your vest is too fucking tight your pretty much screwed.

4. "why bring sand to the beach?"

5. Finally, for the second year in a row, for the second and final brother to take the plunge i am reminded that i am NEVER FUCKING MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE EVER!

/rant

I've had nothing but amazing experiences at weddings. The debauchery at the ones I've been to was minimal, despite extreme levels of drunkenness (we portuguese know how to stock a bar). Then again, the people I've seen get married were together for over 7 years before taking the plunge, so it was more of a "its finally happening!!!" than a "holy crap its too soon, this will end badly".

no drinking that you knew of lol

2. Weddings generally bring out the worst in people. lots of drinking and debautchery (sp?). normal people doing things they would've never thought of before. (ie, hooking up in the coat room of the church.... sorry god)

ive thought of hooking up in church before.

and how is hooking up with a hot bridesmaid bad? it sounds pretty damn good to me.

That is exactly why there was no drinking at my wedding, I dont drink and was not about to support drinking and driving

Worst weddings I've ever been to have been dry weddings. I actually can't recall a dry wedding that was even tolerable.

My wedding is in a few months in Niagara Falls. There WILL be booze, and a variety of it. Pre-paid bar too. And no one will have to drive, as it is in a very cool reception hall at the hotel we will be staying at (20-something stories up facing the falls).

We will be having a fun wedding. Still doing tuxes/dresses, and getting it done in a small chappel, but focusing on fun and hanging out more than super strict traditional stuff. Should be a blast.

That is exactly why there was no drinking at my wedding, I dont drink and was not about to support drinking and driving

whoa who said anything about drinking and driving and supporting it? The wedding party took a limo so I didnt have to worry about driving after paying the $100+ bar tab i rung up. yes it was a cash bar but my brother paid for it himself so no one really cared not to mention there were like 20 bartenders attending the wedding anyway.

My oldest sister's wedding was dry, they're fairly religious so we all knew it would be. That didnt stop us from going out to the bar afterwards... and maybe even before :)

ive thought of hooking up in church before.

and how is hooking up with a hot bridesmaid bad? it sounds pretty damn good to me.

I dont know maybe its just a whole, doing something wrong in the house of god. then again i guess it couldnt have been any worse than than passing around the flask in the guys dressing room pre-ceremony :)