Just a little info on my trip this weekend.

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

Well, I had the lifetime trip to head down to Atlanta Georga, this past weekend to go to the Castings Expo 08 at the Georga world congress center, and spend the weekend down there, and let me tell you everywhere you looked around there were broken windows and debris everywhere, and it took us a bit to realize that, the tornado hit there in March. And after looking at some of the videos on Youtube, it was something else! I had not realize how bad that storm actully was, and I feel sorry for everyone down there rebuilding all the mess that was caused from this storm, but damn...

We, went to the expo all day saturday and had the chance to go to the Georga dome inside and had a little Punt, pass and kick competition, with some of our co-workers and had a BLAST!!! Then headed over to see the Braves play the "A"s in loose. We all had great seats behind home plate.

Just wanted to share some details from our weekend..

Thanks,

Dan

I drove through Atlanta about a month ago when moving back from Naples, and I was thinking to myself how interesting some of the all-glass skyscrapers looked, like some of the "pixels" were missing. Then I realized that they were individual panes of blown-out glass. It isn't anything groundbreaking but once you realize that's what it is it's pretty astounding how many buildings had damage.

Neat city, but the suburban sprawl is redonkulous. I drove for 92340842 hours before I got out of the greater Atlanta area...

I flew in there for a service call to Macon. On the way back to the airport, I got rush-hour traffic in Atlanta at 4:30am.

I hate the area, except for boiled peanuts and semis having to stay in the right two lanes :)

Damn, finally someone else who not only knows what the fuck boiled peanuts are and likes them. It's been so long since I've had that. Might just have to boil some myself soon. Maybe next CR bbq, Ant? :D

Perhaps I had bad ones?

You can get bad peanuts just like a bad restaurant. But they're most certainly an acquired taste so I'm not surprised when people don't like them. Especially northerners because it’s just not in the same scope of the kinds of food we’re raised with.